Chapter 19: In The Name of Honor

Start from the beginning

The Twi'lek majordomo, Boba, Din and (y/n) all nod when they hear a noise. Din turns, quickly, and pulls out his blaster when a droid comes up to Boba. "Lord Fett? There is someone here to see you." The droid said and Boba turns to Fennec. "I thought you said nobody could sneak up on us." He said and Fennec rolls her eyes at this.

Boba puts on his helmet and walks out to see Cad Bane standing in front of the building. Din, Fennec, the Twi'lek and (y/n) stay inside and watch through the window.
"I thought I smelled something." Boba sneered. "If you're looking for a job, you're late." He said. "I've already got a job. I'm here to negotiate on behalf of the Pyke Syndicate." Cad said. "I don't negotiate with gutless murderers." Boba said.

"If that's not the Quacta calling the Stifling slimy." Cad said. "Clear out. And tell your bosses we know they're outnumbered." Boba said to him. "I wouldn't be counting on the people of Freetown to be coming anytime soon." Cad said and this makes Boba freeze while Din and (y/n) share a look.

"I paid Marshal Vanth a visit. You should've never left him without his armor." Cad sneers and Fennec, Din and (y/n) get behind some pillars and aim their guns at Cad. "Before you get any ideas, I've got back shooters too." Cad said and a few Pykes pop up from the roof of a few buildings, aiming their weapons at them.

Fennec, Din and (y/n) stand their ground but (y/n) was feeling a bit nervous. "Let the spice move through Mos Espa, and all this can be avoided." Cad said and Boba looks around for a moment before he gives his answer. "No." He said, firmly.

"What do you propose then?" Cad asked. "I will only negotiate with the head of the Pyke Syndicate." Boba said. "You mean the one that massacred your Tusken family and blamed it on a speed bike gang?" Cad asked and this catches Boba by surprise as he recalls the day he came back to the massacre of the Tuskens that, at first, took him prisoner but then took him in as their own once he saved one of their own.

Cad smiles at Boba's hesitants. "You know it's true." He said and Boba starts to ready his rifle until Fennec comes out from behind a pillar. "Boba." She warns him. "Let's do this right here, right now." Cad said as he pulls back his coat and reveals his two pistols in his holder. "Not now." Fennec warns Boba as she walks up to him. "You pick when."

"He killed Vanth. The reinforcements aren't coming." Boba tells her. "We fight on our terms, not theirs." Fennec said. "I can take him." Boba said. "You're emotional." Fennec points out. "I can take him." Boba says, firmly. "We need to adjust. You'll have your moment." She said and Boba stares at Cad for a few moments then lowers his rifle.

"Tell your client negotiations are terminated." said Boba and Cad gives a sneering smile. "You're getting soft in your old age." He said. "We all do." Boba said and Cad and the Pykes leave. Din, (y/n) and the Twi'lek come out. "That was an impressive display of restraint. Exemplary stratagem." The Twi'lek compliments Boba as the former Bounty Hunter turns and walks back to the cantina.

"If I may be so bold as to offer additional counsel..." the Twi'lek started to explain but then Boba speaks up. "I wonder how much he would pay for the Twi'lek." He said, aloud, to Fennec, Din and (y/n). "Understood. Many pardons. I should never had interjected." The Twi'lek said.

"Come in, boss. Come in." Drash's voice said through the comms. Fennec places her hand on her waist, where the comms was, as Drash continues. "Something feels strange over here." 

"Have the Pykes arrived?" Boba asked her. "Not yet, but something feels off." She replied then a moment later she speaks again. "The locals are attacking." She informed and they could hear gunfire in the background. "I thought we had a treaty." Din said to Boba, questioning. "So did I." Boba said, angrily. "They laid a trap." Drash shouts then Boba pulls out his comms and speaks through it.