Chapter 10

Their presence was announced as they walked gracefully into the Hall which was bright lightened and decorated beautifully. Guests whispered and chatted with each other, some ate, and some also were dancing to the classic music.Steve felt very nervous as everyone left what they were doing and looked at them as they walked into the Hall.

* I'm so nervous, what to do? *

he whispered to Ash as he trembled slightly. He peeked at the guests and glanced backed at Ash who ignored and hummed and walk ahead living Steve behind.

Steve stood where he was left dumbfounded and look around not knowing what to do next.

* I could just eat *

he thought, that was the only suitable idea he could think of. He walked towards the buffet table as he started to drool from all the fragrance of the food, there were all kinds of food on the table. He licked his mouth,

* I get to drown my sorrows on the food *

he muttered in shear happiness, he took a plate and started serving himself as he arranged the food in various kinds and fragrance. He wasn't going to hold back.
Ash was busily chatting with the guests when he spotted Steve sitting in a corner and happily stuffing his face with food.

* That's your wife, right?, Mr. Martin *

a woman among the guests he was entertaining asked looking in the same direction as Ash. " Yea ", he quickly replied making the woman chuckled in a light tone.

* You found a pretty hot wife, I didn't know you to date anyone seriously. Where did you find him? *

she asked. Their conversation was brutally and suddenly interrupted when a guy from their group chuckled loudly and smirked at Ash coldly.
Ash looked at him and his eyebrows furrowed in annoyance as the guy asked a rather annoying question.

* That's your step brother right? oh or rather the son of your mom who wants to own the entire assets of your father? Wasn't I enough for you? Did you have to marry him? *

he asked. Ash stared at him angrily and the guy sniggered.

* Well , Well , Well *

the guy chuckled as he added more questions and remarks which Ash find to be really annoying.

* Your wife looks dazzling *

he doesn't seem to be the type who'd marry someone like you. Ash suddenly burst in anger and he clenched his fist as he grabbed the guy by his tie furiously.

* Zack, you man whore, you better shut the f*ck up!!! *

Ash ordered angrily as he was enraged. He punched Zack in the face so hard. Zack groaned in pain and he snickered and smirked slyly.

* Just look at yourself, why would such an adorable guy marry such a demon like yourself *

Ash was more enraged and he punched Zack again on the face continuously, the guests started to gather and surround them trying to find out what caused Ash's outburst.
Steve noticed the guests gathering and got curious as to what was going on, he started to walk towards them and saw an angry looking Ash who held a guy by the time while punching him.

* Wh .... what is going on here?, What happened? *

he asked while forcing himself through the crowd, he quickly grabbed Ash by the arm and pulled him away from the bleeding Zack, Ash got ready to lunch Zack again when Steve yanked him back.

* P .... Please stop this! the guests are all gathered here looking at us!! *

Steve whispered and he hugged him trying to calm him down.

* He ..... *. Ash wanted to retaliate when he saw Steve's cold looking serious face.

* I apologise on my husband's behalf, he lost control in anger, I'm sorry for that *

Steve apologized to Zack while giving him a warm smile.

* It's all good, this isn't even the first time anyway *

Zack replied and he scoffed and smirked. Ash groaned angrily and turned to look elsewhere, his gaze met with that of his step-mom's who stood in a corner watching the commotion quietly, she smirked at Ash when she notices him.

* she's probably behind this * he thought.

* Please, everyone go on and enjoy the party, this is just a little misunderstanding

Steve smiled to the guests and they all started to disperse to their various tables. Ash's Aunt stared at them with a very cold expression and walked towards them,

* Go on and keep some of the guests company Ash, and you'd better not anymore trouble *

she ordered Ash while glaring coldly at him. He angrily turned and walked away. She smiled at Steve as she patted his shoulder,

*Well done, You really handled it well. I thought I had to personally apologize, you did very good, Steve. I hope things are working out well with him?, You know how he is, so be patience for me okay *