𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝟻 - 𝙼𝚎𝚕𝚊𝚗𝚒𝚎 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚟𝚎'𝚜 𝙹𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚎𝚝

~~~~~

~~~~~

'1+4'

~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Five

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Melanie Hargrove's Jacket'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tick....

Tock....

004's POV

Today was it. Today was another day I thought I might get out of here, I always kept that thought in my mind, even if I went to try and sleep that night, even if I didn't escape... I could always try again tomorrow.

At least that's what I believed.

I wanted to scream at the top of my lungs every time they locked the doors. Every time they threw me around... I tried.

But I was too tired.

I was tired of it all.

Papa, The Guards, The lessons, the other children, the protocols, the enforcements, the punishments, the torture, every bit of it.

I just wanted to lie with him forever.

Him, the man I loved, the man I always felt safe around.

I just wanted to sit with him, drift off into our own reality, forget everything else.

Staring off into reality.

Nobody's POV

Time: 3 Months before Eleven and Brenner met.

"Melanie! I need the dishes to be washed!" Samantha Hargrove spoke.

"Yes of course..."

══════════════════

Samantha Hargrove was the 2nd stepmother that Billy Hargrove had. After 2 months with the Mayfield's, Billy's father decided to divorce Susan Mayfield, he had met Samantha up in California. Neil Hargrove had adopted a daughter with Samantha Hargrove, although they didn't treat her as such, after he left Susan and her stupid daughter. The house they bought back in California had been cluttered with empty beer bottles from Neil, stumped out cigarettes from Billy, and Samantha was growing tired of cleaning them up every morning... Therefore she opted to adopt a young daughter, one that would do all of the work in the household. That's when they found a young street urchin outside of the main hospital of the city, they saw a nurse spit on her face as the girl cried.

The couple had taken in the girl and given her the name Melanie, the wife noticed many things wrong with the girl and found a way to get rid of them for a while, but they kept coming back, no matter what.

She awoke and wiped her eyes of the dried tears, she attempted to brush her short, an inch-or-two-below-her-shoulder length hair but her wrists would stop weakening, as she attempted to pull the brush through her untamed hair, but as she attempted...

She awoke and wiped her eyes of the dried tears, she attempted to brush her short, an inch-or-two-below-her-shoulder length hair but her wrists would stop weakening, as she attempted to pull the brush through her untamed hair, but as she attempted to pull it down, her wrist snapped as she fell onto the floor.

What the girl didn't know is that many parts of her body needed treatment, but the couple downstairs wouldn't waste their 'hard-earned' money on a street urchin that was now their 'daughter' after all, who cared about the girl. Nobody, that's who. Except one. She walked down the stairs and into the dining room after picking herself up, cleaning away the beer bottles that had stacked up over a period of time. The girl was 22, and was struggling already, she should've been educated by university, smart, intelligent, but the thing was, Neil nor Samantha knew of her age, so they just shoved the girl off to high school.

══════════════════

Melanie was popular at school. She had people following her everywhere, even Angela was under her command, but the thing was, people only put up with Angela to be around the so called Queen-Bee: Melanie Hargrove.

Although the funny thing was, she never knew how she got the popularity, I mean they were in High-School... Billy graduated a while ago, he was supposed to have died in a fire back in a town called Hawkins, but luckily after many medical treatments he was back...

But was it for the better?

Jane Hopper was presenting her project in their History class today, the projects were supposed to be on Special Places in America. Melanie chose the Statue Of Liberty in New York, signifying the union of America and France.

The Hopper girl had chosen her father's cabin, this had confused Melanie but as she spoke, everyone laughed. Except Melanie, she didn't laugh because she valued good parents, and it sounded like the Jane had a nice father, something she could only dream of, for some reason Melanie could only remember waking up outside a fancy hospital before be carted off to Samantha & Neil Hargrove's home...

Melanie asked Angela what was so funny, Angela told her but Melanie couldn't hear her as the whole class was laughing... Except the Byers boy.

Angela had raised her hand and asked why she chose it, as it hadn't helped the country or shown anything special about the country and it's ties to any worldwide society.

'Angela, it might not seem special to us as we've never seen it, but maybe because Jane has lived there and seen it's importance, maybe that's why she understands and we don't.' Melanie spoke confidently.

══════════════════

Everyone was buzzing around Melanie as per usual at lunchtime, Angela almost attached to Melanie's side.

That's when Jane Hopper wanted revenge on Angela.

She stormed up to the crowd.

'ANGELA!' She yelled, holding her hand out, and then screaming, Angela was confused.

Nothing happened, so Melanie decided to fix her jacket, as she didn't like it's position on her body, and then, Angela flew backwards, crashing through every single wall of the School straight into a car in the parking lot.