Entry #13

꧁༒༺ 𝐄𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐚𝐥𝐝 ༻༒꧂

It's been two weeks since my last altercation with Asia, and her door mat of a boyfriend. I stay in my or Melanie's room as much as possible to stay away from the two of them. Melo would try and talk to me when Asia wasn't around, which wasn't often, but I'd ignore him. I wanted him to keep that same energy he had that night. I wasn't feeling that inconsistent shit, I had enough of love like that back home.

Today, I decided it would be best to get out of the house for a little while. Back in Chicago, Ruby and I would always walk through the park when we needed to escape home life, so I figured why not try that here. I needed to clear my mind, just so I could figure out what the next steps of my life were gonna be. I didn't plan on sticking around Melo much longer, especially if miss thing was going to be in the picture. Living in that house was mimicking the same environment I was in, when I was living with my parents. Looking back on it, I was doing better on my own, before someone decided they wanted to come and save me.  

Mel and I were sprawled out on a picnic blanket I had laid out. She played with her teething toys, while I tried to write in my planner, but nothing was coming to me. Melanie's father's name lit across my screen, interrupting the 𝐌𝐚𝐡𝐚𝐥𝐢𝐚 I had playing. The devil on my shoulder was daring me to decline it, but I also had Ruby in the back of my head saying 'don't be one of those 'insipid baby mothers.' 

𝐘𝐞𝐚𝐡, 𝐈 𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐞𝐝 𝐮𝐩 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐝.

"What."

"I'm surprised you answered." He let out a light chuckle, the sound kind of echoed so I knew he was in his car.

"What do you want?"

Sensing the hostility Melo decided to cut out the small talk. "Where you at? We got out of practice early."

"We're at the park, I can drop her off-"

"Nah, send your location and I'll pull up. We need to talk without Asia around anyway." Before I could even protest he hung up the phone. Despite not wanting to, I sent him the location.

꧁ ༒꧂

"Watch out!" A soccer ball came flying through the air, but instinctively I raised my hands to catch it before it connected with my helpless daughter.

A mystery man walked up closer, catching the soccer ball as I tossed it to him. He was a very handsome light skin. Tall, but not quite as tall as Melo. His hair was braided in little plaits that framed his face, reminding me of Gelo but just a skinnier version with a lot less facial hair. "My bad, shawty."

"It's cool." I smiled.

"That was a nice catch, you must play."

"I used to back in high school. I was the goalie of course."

"Makes sense, makes sense..." He dragged out his sentence while just staring at me. If I didn't know any better I would say he was mesmerized, and I can't blame him I am a bad bitch if I do say so myself. He licked his plump pink lips, before opening his mouth to speak again. "I hope this doesn't sound weird, but you're gorgeous." He grinned.

The insides of my cheeks warmed, and I snuck my bottom lip between my teeth to hide my smile. I haven't been on the receiving end of male attention, other than LaMelo's wishy-washy ass, for almost a year now. "Thank you."