Entry #6

𝙴𝚖𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚕𝚍 

𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝙼𝚎𝚕𝚘'𝚜 𝚃𝚘𝚠𝚗𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚎, 𝙲𝙰

I stood behind the kitchen sink scrubbing away at the dishes we had just finished eating off of. I mean hey it was the least I could do, I wasn't paying for anything and it was buying me some time before the conversation with LaMelo.

Looking out into the living space, Melo held Melanie in the air, flying her around. A weird warm sensation found it's way into the pit of my stomach hearing both Melanie and LaMelo's giggles. He was already so good with her, and they just met. It's almost like they had an

"Instant bond." Zo spoke, scaring the shit out of me and making me jump. I hadn't even noticed he walked up to me. He watched as they played too.

"You ready to tell him?" He asked, while glancing down at me. He brought the glass filled with a white wine to his lips, before nodding his head for me to follow him.

My bottom lip found it's way in between my teeth as I chewed on it nervously following Lonzo to the living area. I sat down on the opposite end of the sectional Melo sat and Lonzo sat on an adjacent love seat.

"Why y'all staring at me like that?" Melo laughed awkwardly, setting Melanie down on the couch. She crawled her way over to me, finding a comfortable spot on my lap.

"I have something to tell you." I spoke barely above a whisper, but I know he heard me because his eyebrows raised and he let out a light confused chuckle.

"Aight, what's up?"

𝙻𝚊𝙼𝚎𝚕𝚘'𝚜 𝙴𝚗𝚝𝚛𝚢

I watched as Emerald readjusted Melanie in her lap. Her eyes roamed every spot in the room, but never seemed to land on me. It's been a while since I've seen her, but I could still read Emmy like a book. It was obvious she was nervous, and she been nervous since she got here.

"Umm." She hummed while looking down at Melanie and bouncing her on her leg.

She glanced at Lonzo like she was asking permission for something and he nodded. Real
weird them niggas been so close lately.

"Oh, I see what's going on here." I nodded.

These nîggas thought I was dumb or something.

"You do?" They both asked in surprise at the same time. "Yeah." I shrugged my shoulders, leaning back in the couch.

"Oh okay, well um. H-how do you feel about it." She stuttered.

I looked away from both of them, rubbing the little stubble on my chin. To be honest I really ain't know how to feel.

"It don't matter how I feel I guess." I rolled my eyes. "It's obvious a decision was already made without me being asked so why ask now?" I laughed.

"What?" She asked, almost like she was mad.

"Why do you sound mad?" I laughed. "If anybody should be mad it should be me."

"Melo I didn't intend for this to happen." She pleaded. "Then how it happen?" I cut my eyes at her then Zo. "And why it take so long to tell me?"

"Huh?" I asked, looking between the both of them once again. And they both stayed silent like a bunch of pussies. If it wasn't for the baby I would be getting loud I'm here.

"You supposed to be my brother. Why you ain't tell me?"

Lonzo leaned forward in his seat, "I didn't think it was my place."

I scoffed. "Nigga how it's not yo place to tell me you messing around with someone I use to?"

His face scrunched up. "Nigga what?"

"It's obvious you and Emmy on some shit. Gelo told me you been calling and texting her since we seen her a Dad shit. Then all of a sudden she pop up out here when you out here, you getting private chefs and shit to make dinner, and you sneaking round with her in the kitchen."

They both looked at me like I was crazy before looking at each other. Yeah, these niggas thought I was dumb. I know how to put two and two together.

Lonzo fell back holding his stomach from laughing. "Nigga what's funny?"

"Me and Emmy? What the fuck." He said between fits of laughter.

"okay nigga, it's not that funny." Emerald eyebrows met together with a dissatisfied look on her face. Zo wiped a single tear that fell from his eye before breathing out a deep breath of air.

"Emerald just tell the nigga the truth bro. He coming up with conspiracy theories and shit. He can't take it any longer."

My eyes fell back to Emmy, who was tight lipped. The anticipation was starting to irritate me. "Just spit it out Emerald."

She sighed deeply, and as if in slow motion she spoke one sentence that felt like an obliterating blow to the head. "Melo, Melanie is your daughter."

and my mind went blank.

𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚃𝚘 𝚂𝚎𝚕𝚏... 𝙾𝚑 𝙱𝚊𝚋𝚢
I'm working on the next chapter now don't kill me ahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!