Entry #2

𝙻𝚘𝚌𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗: 𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝙻𝚘𝚠𝚎'𝚜 𝙵𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚢 𝙷𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚎, 𝙲𝚑𝚒𝚌𝚊𝚐𝚘, 𝙸𝙻

My sister, Ruby, stood in the bathroom staring at the pregnancy test. She had been staring at it since I peed on the damn thing. For some reason the thought of having a little niece or nephew made her so excited. That baby fever was getting to her brain.

I, however, was the complete opposite. I am in no way, shape, or form ready to take care of a kid. Hell, I'm still a kid myself. I'm only 18. I can't even legally get a fucking drink yet.

She turned around smiling widely, making my heart instantly drop. "Congratulations!" She ran up to me hugging me tightly and handing me the test.

Fuck. My eyebrows furrowed and instantly i could feel the weight of the world on my shoulders as I read the word 𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚐𝚗𝚊𝚗𝚝 on the test. Clear as day.

"Why do you look so sad?" Ruby sat next to me on my bed.

"This wasn't supposed to happen. This was just supposed to be a one night stand. No strings attached."

"Welp, now we know sperm got attached ammirite?" She nudged me trying to lighten the mood, but it only irritated me further making me shoot her the deadliest glare.

"Sorry, um, when are you going to tell Melo?"

"He never hit me up after, I don't wanna be that girl." I fell back on my bed, watching the ceiling fan rotate in circles. "I don't want him to think I'm just tryna trap him, because he has money now, and he's a big star."

Ruby kissed her teeth. "He knew what he was doing when he stuck his dick in you. You didn't try and trap him, if anything he trapped you!"

A depressed sigh escaped my mouth. "I guess I got to tell the parents." I pulled my lips into my mouth, hoping to stop the trembling, but it didn't do much. The tears fell rapidly, and my breath became shaky as I cried out. "Ruby, I'm so scared."

Her arms reached across my body, hugging me the tightest she's ever hugged me before. "I know, I know." She sighed, letting me cry in her arms. At this moment I felt like I was the little sister and she was the big one. The roles were reversed. All the times I've spent consoling her, we're now being paid back to me. "Emerald, I'm gonna be with you every step of the way. Okay?"

I nodded my head, wiping my runny nose on my sleeve. "I think I should go ahead and do it now."

"Are you sure?"

I nodded my head, getting off of the bed. Ruby held my left hand tightly, while the pregnancy test was gripped in my right. The walk down the short hallway, felt like eternity before we finally made it to the kitchen were my parents sat chatting. As they did every Sunday morning.

My mother's hand was wrapped around her favorite ceramic mug I gave her on Mothers Day when I was nine. In the mug was her favorite tea, Chamomile.

My father sat with his iPad in his hand, skimming through the news. Probably trying to find something to debate about later tonight at dinner.

Both of their heads turned towards the both of us, and worried looks fell across their face. "Baby, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" My mother asked, jumping up to console me, but stopped mid step once her eyes fell upon the distinctive blue test resting in my hand.

Her hand reached to her mouth, before she looked at my father whose expression was blank and unreadable.

"I'm pregnant." I chose to blurt out to hopefully clear the painful silence that filled the room. But just as quickly as I spoke the room fell silent again.

I felt lifeless, I could feel the disappointment radiate off of my father who always preached to us that he didn't want us to just becomes someone's baby mother.

I fucking failed him, he thought.

Ruby squeezed my hand and rubbed it with her thumb returning me back to the little life I felt.

My mom now looked down at that mug that once made her so proud, I couldn't help but to feel she now hated that mug.

"Who is the father?" She asked faintly. "LaMelo."

"Ball?" My dad asked confused. "Lavar's boy from California?"

I nodded my head slowly, just waiting for his reaction. He shook his head, looking away. His expression went from blank to disgusted. It was obvious, he didn't even try to hide it like before.

It was bad enough I was pregnant, but with Lavar's son's baby. That was the sin of all sins. 

"You have 30 days to get out of my house." He boomed. "Huh?" Both Ruby and I asked confused.

"Spinel, what? She is a child." My mother defended. "𝙼𝚈 child and I 𝚠𝚘𝚗'𝚝 allow that."

We all jumped as my fathers hand slammed down on the dining table. "If she's grown enough to have sex unprotected and make a damn baby, then god dammit she's old enough to get the hell out of 𝙼𝚈 house!"

𝙽𝚘𝚝𝚎 𝚃𝚘 𝚂𝚎𝚕𝚏

Vote, Comment, Follow ♥