𝐠𝗼𝐧𝐞, 𝐠𝗼𝐧𝐞, 𝐠𝗼𝐧𝐞

The months all came and went by in a blur. Now, it was almost December, and getting rather chilly out in the city of Chicago.

Kolly had been out of school on her winter break, and that meant she was home with Finn and Jessica while Hailey, Jay, and Lulu were at work.

That specific day just so happened to not be as cold as previous days, and it was warm enough for Jess to take the Halstead children down to the park. The park wasn't too far from the house, and it was nice to get that fresh air while it wasn't absolutely freezing outside.

Jess got Finn all ready and loaded up in his stroller, along with his diaper bag, while Kolly grabbed her coat, and put it on. "I'm ready!" The six year old said happily. "Great! Now remember, we can't stay for too long, since it'll get cold later, but you'll have a little time to play, okay?" Jess reminded the young girl. "Yes ma'am!" Kolly told her. And with that, Jess, Kolly, and Finn made their way out of the house and down the street to the park.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Once they arrived at the park, Jess parked the stroller, and took baby Finn out of it. Meanwhile, miss Kolly made her way to the playground to play, while Jess sat down with Finn, who was ready for his next bottle.

Jess took the bottle out of the bag she had brought, and proceeded to feed it to the baby. She made sure to keep a close eye on Kolly, to make sure she could see her. Kolly knew to only stay where she could be seen. But that was a rule that followed her with any adult she was with at any time.

Finn had eventually finished up his bottle, as Jess put it away and burped him. Finn then managed to grab his pacifier clip off from his shirt, and dropped it right down onto the dirt. "Oh Finny, let's go wash that off quickly" Jess said, picking up the baby's pacifier and the clip. Jess glanced back at Kolly, who was making her way to the steps to the slide, as she turned and went to wash off the pacifier at the water fountain nearby.

When she returned, Jess couldn't see Kolly. Still holding Finn, she began to walk towards the slide. The play set where the slide was did have a covered area that Kolly liked to play in sometimes, so Jess wanted to make sure that's where she was. However, when she looked in, the young girl wasn't there. In fact, Kolly was nowhere to be found. Not on the steps, slides, swings, nowhere. "KOLLY!" Jess called out, receiving no answer, as she began to freak out tremendously. Kolly was gone. Surely she didn't run away? Kolly would never do such a thing. She was too sweet and well behaved for that. Jess carried Finn back to their things, as she shockingly grabbed her cell phone, before clicking the first contact she found, which happened to be Jay's.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Hey Jess. What's up?" Came Jay's voice after he had picked up. "K-kolly's gone. S-she's gone." Was Jessica's reply, through tears and heavy breathing, and worry.

"What do you mean gone?" He asked, as Hailey came over.

"I took the kids to the park. Finn dropped his paci and I went to clean it off. When I came back, Kolly was gone. I've looked everywhere and I can't find her!" Jess said. "Stay where you are. We'll be there soon." Jay said, hanging up, as he faced his wife and the team, who had all been listening as well.

"Kolly's missing. Jess took them to the park and when she went to clean Finn's paci, she was gone." Jay told everyone. "Did she run away?" Kevin asked. "She'd never do such a thing" Hailey told them. Everyone, especially Hailey and Jay were highly worried.

"Someone took her."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The entire team at Intelligence quickly made their way to the park, Lulu included.

When they got there, the immediately all went to Jess. From there, they got the rundown again of what happened.

"Did you hear anything? Talking, a scream, anything?" Voight asked the sitter. "No, nothing. Well, actually, I heard Kolly humming away her song like she always does, but when I didn't hear it anymore, I figured she was doing something else. I'm so sorry" Jess said again, making that approximately the fifth or sixth time she'd apologized. "Jess, please. It's okay. We know you didn't do it on purpose. It was an accident. But we're going to find her." Hailey told her. And at that, everyone's phones all went off. With an Amber Alert. The team worked quick to get it out there.

The team began to search around the entire playground, and surrounding areas. Hailey searched around the slide area where Jess said Kolly had been last.

"I've got blood here!" Hailey called out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Jess, let me see Kolly's scarf from the stroller. It has her scent on it. Jay, send Lulu here." Hailey said, as Jay commanded for the Belgian Malinois to go to Hailey, as Lulu did just that. Hailey took the scarf from Jess, and had Lulu sniff it to retrieve Kolly's scent. "Lulu, seek it." She said, as Lulu began to sniff around. When the dog reached the blood, she stopped. That was Kolly's blood, and Lulu confirmed it.

After having Lulu pick up Kolly's scent, Jay and Hailey let her go. Lulu would find her, it's what she does.

The whole Intelligence team followed the dog all around, until she stopped. They had reached a warehouse, and it looked to be abandoned.

The guys busted down the door, as the dog took off. Lulu was hot on Kolly's scent, and it was evident. What else was evident, was the increasing amounts of blood trailing through it. The team followed the dog, all with their weapons at the ready. Lulu continued sniffing away, when she found her. Lulu ran to Kolly, and barked to receive everyone's attention. Jay and Hailey ran over, before radioing for an ambulance. The rest of the team heard a banging noise, before hearing someone begin to run towards the door. "Lulu attack." Jay told her, as Lulu took off towards the man, before knocking him down, restraining him so the others could handcuff him.

Jay and Hailey didn't leave Kolly's side. "Come on baby girl, wake up. Stay with us" Jay told his daughter.

The ambulance soon arrived, as the paramedics came in to help Kolly. Once they somewhat got the child stable, they loaded her up into the ambulance, as Hailey joined them, and Jay sped off with them, making sure Will knew they were coming.

They reached Med very quickly. Upon arrival, they immediately took her in, as Hailey and Jay followed.

"Six year old female, head trauma, shallow pulse, possible other trauma" one of the paramedics said, wheeling her in, as Will took over. They got Kolly onto the bed, as they immediately got to work. Hailey and Jay stood outside of their daughter's area, watching, hoping, praying that their little girl would be okay. They wheeled her upstairs to run tests to assess her further, as they sent Jay and Hailey to wait for them.

After running the tests, Will came out to them to take them to her hospital room. "She's in bad shape. Really bad. The results we've gotten back so far show mostly head trauma. We've done everything we can for now, this part is up to her. Right now, it's touch and go. It may clear up on its own, we may have to do surgery. We won't know until the morning. If she makes it through the night" Will told them. "She's stable right now. If she pulls through, chances are she'll be just fine. But it's in Kolly's hands right now."