16. the yule ball

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐌𝐄 | 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐘𝐔𝐋𝐄 𝐁𝐀𝐋𝐋
december 24,
1994

As Vivian sat on the old carpet beneath Lillian's bed, allowing the ebony haired Hufflepuff to delicately do her hair for the Yule Ball, she nearly felt like a princess.

Lillian was almost done, most of the hair pulling that left Vivian quietly whining out of the way.

All of other girls were scattered around the average sized room, hair sprays and perfumes that were reserved for special occasions intoxicating the air.

Vivian's dress, which had been quite the hassle to put on, scrunched beneath her a bit, the poofyness of it proving to be a challenge to manage.

She had already fan-girled over all of the other 4th year girls formal outfits, most had gone for dresses, but the brunette had quite liked the idea that Hannah had of wearing more traditionally male dress robes.

"Okay... And, done!" Lillian exclaimed excitedly after a-few more minutes of tediously messing around with Vivian's long brown hair.

"Yay! thanks so much, Lilly." She smiled brightly. "Can someone hand me a mirror?" The brunette girl exclaimed as she touched the top of her head delicately.

Susan tossed over a yellow hand held mirror with just enough room to fit the top portion of Vivian's body perfectly.

The Bright girl rose up the mirror, a wide grin and small squeal immediately escaping her lips. Her friend had done a nearly professional job at styling her thick hair into a masterpiece of brown perfectly curled locks with a loose braid crown that held a metal wreath peaking  up in the back, as well as the money pieces of her hair set out to perfectly frame her face. It was a truly angelic look that tied in perfectly with her flowy dress.

"Oh my gosh! Wow— this is truly beautiful, Lilly." Vivian said, nearly at a loss of words as she rapped the Williams girl into a quick, tight hug.

"Maybe I should've let you have a go at my hair." Susan smiled as she painted on her eyeshadow from the side.

"Awe, thanks guys. Are you sure it's not too much?" Said Lillian bashfully.

Vivian shook her head frantically, quickly holding her hair in place in order to not mess any of it up, "No! Of course not! It's absolutely perfect. Everyone's gonna be so jealous."

"You're going to have girls all across Hogwarts wanting to get their hair done by you." Hannah joked as she clasped Adya's necklace together behind her neck for her.

Maybe 30 minutes later, all of the girls were ready. Hannah, Susan, and Adya
Had already headed down, but since Lillian had to do Vivian's hair, she was a bit behind, and of course Vivian would feel bad for leaving Lillian to get ready in the dorm all by herself, she opted to wait for her. Hopefully Pansy wouldn't mind that much.

"Okay— okay I think I'm finally ready.." Lillian announced, patting down her dress with her freshly manicured fingers.

"Let's see then," Vivian remarked, causing the Williams girl to spin around, her dress catching a bit of wind before settling back beside her.

"Oh Wow," the Bright girl gasped, taking in all of the dresses elegance.

"Do you think Milo will like it? Or is it too much?" Lillian asked, concern lacing her voice as she stopped herself from chewing on her nails.