5. tri wizard tournament

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐌𝐄 | 𝐓𝐑𝐈 𝐖𝐈𝐙𝐀𝐑𝐃 𝐓𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓
october 14,
1994

The weeks dragged by, September had faded into a chilly October breeze, and by now every student that went to the old castle was talking about the tri wizard tournament.

Vivian still couldn't be bothered to get rapped up in it all— except for the slight hint of concern and also hopefulness that Cedric could have a possibility of being a part of it.

She remembered the day he put his name in the glowing cup clearly, probably due to how intriguing the whole ordeal was...

Vivian was sat next to Milo, Hermione was off to the side of them and Harry and Ron stood further away, in an attempt to avoid the bright girl after what had happened at dinner a few nights prior.

The group of friends were waiting for Cedric to seal his fate by putting his name in the big cup that stood in the center of the great hall.

Vivian played sticks and then Rock Paper Scissors with Milo and Hermione for a little while, but the interest in that quickly ended, so the 2 Hufflepuffs and the 1 Gryffindor sat in silence after that.

Vivian had been sitting there for maybe 20 minutes, she was so bored she even slightly considered reading whatever book Hermione was from over the Gryffindor girl's shoulder... however, before Vivian could even decide if it was  really worth loosing a bet to her bestfriend— her interest was once again captured by loud cheering filling her ears.

The brunette looked to the entrance of the great hall— Cedric, along with a large group of other 6th year Hufflepuffs made their way in, smiling and chanting her cousin's name as they did.

The Diggory boy couldn't even look over to his younger cousin who began cheering for him along with everyone else.

"You got this, Ced." She muttered quickly, the words disappearing into the sea of students shouting similar things.

In the brunettes mind however, she was silently praying that her cousin's name would not be pulled from the cup on Halloween night.

As Cedric cast his name into the giant cup in the center of the room, his eyes quickly wandered over to where Vivian was sat. He sent her a pursed lip smile, waving at the brunette as he made his way out of the great hall.

Vivian watched as Ron awkwardly waved back, mistaking Cedric's hand gesture to be directed towards him. She pursed her lips, preventing the small chuckle from escaping her throat.

As the brunette was beginning to stand up, ready to head back to the common room with henry, laughter and screaming entered the great hall... and so did the Weasley twins.

They both had small viles in their hands. Vivian wasn't sure what they were planning on doing... However, she knew that if it was coming from the two lanky gingers— it was probably stupid.

"Well lads, we did it." Fred said,

"Cooked it up just this morning." Added George.

Hermione rolled her eyes and then muttered in a sing-song voice, "It's not going to work~"

Fred sat down on the right side of Hermione, and George was on the left. The weasley twins looked at the bushy haired brunette, intrigued by what the granger girl could possibly have to say.