8. frenemys

𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐁𝐘 𝐌𝐄 | 𝐅𝐑𝐄𝐍𝐄𝐌𝐘𝐒
november 20,
1994

Around a week had past since 'Draco the Ferret Malfoy' happened and it quickly became old news. After all, people had more important things to talk about.. Such as the first task that was happening in 4 days.

Vivian still wasn't sure what it even was, but she knew it was definitely dangerous. And clearly Harry didn't want her to know what it was for a reason.

The brunette flopped down on the couch next her her cousin who was reading some quidditch magazine. He didn't even realize she was there until Vivian snatched what he was reading right out of his hands, Causing Cedric to gasp in surprise. Once his light brown eyes landed on the 4th year Hufflepuff, he simply rolled them, "Why?"

"I have a question to ask you." Stated Vivian as she grabbed one of the nearby throw pillows and hugged it against her stomach.

Cedric raised his brows, intrigued by what Vivian had to say, "which is?"

"..Well, Yknow how the 1st task is gonna happen soon?.. i was just wondering, a-are you sure you want to do it?" The brunette asked quickly, biting her lip in anticipation for what the Diggory boy might say next.
she had been sitting on asking him that for ages, but now that the task was was so close to happening.. she couldn't keep her concerns in any longer.

Cedric chuckled at Vivian a little bit before he shook his head, "Are you still worried about me, Viv?" He teased. "I promise that if I wasn't 100% sure about this then I wouldn't have even put my name into that bloody goblet." He sighed before he laughed again, "there's no need to worry. Besides when I win, which I will— I'm sure you won't be feeling this way,"

Vivian pursed her lips when suddenly the older hufflepuff was leaning down to whisper something in her ear, "especially when I split half the prize money with you."

Vivian's jaw dropped as she rose her brows in confusion, "Prize money? No one said anything about money being involved...!"

"I just found out about it— We were told not to tell anyone, but I doubt anyones actually listening to that rule." Said Cedric as he ran his fingers through his brown hair.

Vivian nodded her head, "hm, maybe I do want you to be in the tournament after all.."

Her joke made both of the teens laugh. Vivian felt a sense of pride swell in her heart, she was sort of proud that she was able to make Cedric laugh, especially because she looked up to him so much— Even if it was some dumb joke.

After awhile, Cedric had to leave and meet up with some girl he'd started going out with. Vivian wasn't sure who she was, all she knew was that she was in Ravenclaw and in the year above.

Cedric said he was planning on asking her to the Yule Ball, as a way to show the school that they were together.

Vivian would've thought that the gesture was sweet.. if not for the amount of 'special' girls Cedric had had before. Vivian couldn't even count the amount how many times she'd heard Cedric say 'this one's the one, I just know it', It was almost sort of comical.

Vivian didn't think poorly of her cousin for having so many past relationships though, he always treated his past girlfriends or flings with respect, and honestly— The brunette wished she had as much game as him..
It was yet another thing to add to the list of ways Cedric was over all superior to Vivian.