If I was being honest, being in the same house with all the people from school, which I hadn't seen for a long time, did feel a little overwhelming. I feel like, when I had last seen them, I had been a whole different person than I was now. And I also had a brain cancer, that apparently the whole school knew by now, and I was getting tired of all the praying for you and stay strong comments.

So, the feeling of escaping was really on my mind.

"Delilah." Aaron smiled. "Hi."

Just as I was about to open my mouth, my friends, and I mean every single one including Harper, the new kid, walked through the front door, right in the middle of us. First they looked at Aaron, furrowing their eyebrows, before they turned their heads towards me and smiled.

"Yayy friends are here." I nodded. "Aaron is here, and friends are here, I mean friends and Aaron, Aaron and friends, ohh and my brothers are just the other side of that wall. Aaron, friends and brothers. Is it a little hot in here, no, just me?"

They looked at me for a moment, just standing there without even blinking, staring me like I had totally lost it. Connor and Finn shared a horrified look, before they turned their gazes back to me.

"You okay?" Finn was the first one to say something. "Like seriously, are you okay?"

"I am perfectly fine."

Hazel shook her head in amuse before she came to give me a hug.
"No, but really how are you, you know..."

I shrugged.
"I mean I got home from the hospital."

"And who the fuck is this?" Finn asked, staring Aaron. "Where did he come from?"

"That's Aaron, I met him in the hospital." I answered. "He's my..."

The silence, when I was carefully thinking my answer, was really uncomfortable. Everyone, including Aaron himself, were now staring me, their eyebrows once again furrowed.

Lucky for me, my saving angel Josh, Anthony's best friend since forever, walked through the door too.

"Josh." I nodded. "Josh is here too."

I stood up from the stairs and walked to give him a hug, leaving him and the hall surprised.

Okay, I like never talked to my brothers' friends. Josh probably was the one I knew the best, but never would I have thought that I would hug him. No, I really didn't like my brothers' friends, and no, my brothers really didn't like me liking their friends.

"Ohh." Josh patted my back awkwardly. "Hi baby Miller."

"Fucking hell, dude." Anthony walked to the hall too, holding a bottle of beer. "I missed you."

He passed the bottle to Finn, who was standing the closest to him at that moment, before he moved me further, and gave him that bro hug thing.

"And Anthony's here now too, yayy."

"Is your sister drunk?" Josh questioned with pure honesty, his horrified eyes still tightly on me.

"No." He answered, giving a 'seriously' look to Finn, who had the audacity to drink from the beer bottle, before he gave me a suspicious look. "You better not be."

I stood up.
"I'm not, but I need to get some water, from the kitchen, alone."

Uncertain

I really didn't like parties, like really really didn't like, and it was so funny how I always remembered it only when I was in the party myself.

Let's start with the loud noise and the music blasting through the stereos. Okay, now that I had a brain cancer, my head was hurting like all the time, but the music was just giving me a migraine.