chapter 1 awake

I awoke to the annoying voice of my bratty sister Kota yelling in my ear, "wake up nerd!"
I cannot stand the high pitch of her sqeaky voice. I threw my pillow and it may have hit her. Who's to say she's telling the truth, she lies about everything.
I can't believe I have to take this little brat with me, if only mom wasn't feeling sick.
"Lucas, now!" Yelled mom.
I jumped out of bed and ran around the room hoping not to forget anything as I threw a few things in my duffle bag. And ran down the stairs to see my poor mom, this is the worst I think I've ever seen her. She's been so sick, I wish she could come too. How am I going to deal with my sister by myself?
Mom pushed us out the door to our yellow cab in the drive. "Give grams and gramps hugs for me." As she squeezed me. I really was going to miss her.
My sister and I settle in our seats. The cabbie seems to be listening to the most uninteresting station ever untill.....
The voice on the radio talks about a urgent alert for all people taking flight over seas to be sure of the risks. Then he went on to say that
whole planes were disappering people and all!
I think my stomach may have just swallowed my heart. I never felt so much panick, if only I knew what was to come this cabbie would've been turning around.
But I didn't........