𝟏| 𝐚 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

CHAPTER ONE:

A NEW FAMILY

THE NIGHT SKY was up in the air, the stars and the moon shining down on the civilians that could be seen outside if they weren't in their homes, sleeping peacefully in their beds, the warmth giving them what they needed after being outside in the ...

THE NIGHT SKY was up in the air, the stars and the moon shining down on the civilians that could be seen outside if they weren't in their homes, sleeping peacefully in their beds, the warmth giving them what they needed after being outside in the winter air for a while. Snow laid all around on the ground, covering the green grass that only ever showed in the other seasons.

The usual lakes full of water were now covered in ice, where some people would grab their ice skates and skate on the ice. The mountains could be seen from afar, snow on top like there always was, even if the weather was warm outside. The sound of owls hooting from the trees could be heard, adding to the sounds of the snow crunching beneath people's feet and the sound of saws cutting through something.

On a frozen lake, plenty of men could be seen holding saws in their hands as they cut through the ice, the sharp end of their saws touching the water below. Feet away from them, two horses were attached by long wooden sticks that were attached to a carriage that the men would place the ice that they were cutting on top.

Many more men came jumping onto the ice and off the carriages as they joined in, some holding other objects that they stabbed it into the ice, letting it flow along the water and in the direction they needed it to go to.

"Born of cold and winter air
And mountain rain combining.
This icy force both foul and fair
Has a frozen heart worth mining."

As some men walked in a line, sharp tools in hand so they'd be able to cut the ice, other ice cutters continued stabbing into the ice, moving in the direction where all the other pieces of ice were as it floated along the cold waters.

In the line of men, two little kids, a brother and sister, Kristoff and Y/n, could be seen walking side by side with their best friend, a reindeer, named Sven. The boy brought out two carrots, handing one to his sister as she took a bite out of it while he lets Sven take a bite out of the one he had before he followed, his teeth crunching on part of the carrot.

"So cut through the heart.
Cold and clear.
Strike for love and strike for fear.
See the beauty sharp and sheer.
Split the ice apart
And break the frozen heart."

Seeing the men quicken their pace a bit so they could get their job done, Y/n found herself slipping on the ice she was standing on, almost falling, but Sven was quick to stop it from happening as he places himself behind her, letting her catch herself on him.

Her brother helps her up before they were following the other men, watching as they picked up ice from the water with the tools they had. The siblings went to do the same, but the ice just slipped through the smaller tools that they had. The men didn't seem to notice as they held the ice over their shoulders, venturing towards the carriage.