𝟏| 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲

CHAPTER ONE:

THE LOSS OF FAMILY

THE NIGHT SKY was up in the kingdom of Arendelle, the stars shining high up, along with the moon

THE NIGHT SKY was up in the kingdom of Arendelle, the stars shining high up, along with the moon. Very few lights could be seen that were turned on in the kingdom through the windows of the houses, all the lights turned off in the castle where the king and queen lived with their son and daughter.

The water around the kingdom was slowly waving occasionally whenever the wind would blow by, sending a chill down the civilians who were outside, more the ice cutters that were working before they'd go home and back to their families, who were all sleeping peacefully in their warm beds.

The occasional wind could be heard as it hit the glass windows on the homes and castle of Arendelle, making it known for the citizens that it was quite breezy outside, so they'd know how to dress the next day in case it stays like this type of weather at the moment.

Inside one of the nice, warm homes just below the castle, a little girl with bright e/c eyes, Y/n, could be seen sitting on a nice sofa in her bedroom, staring out the window at the bright stars in the night sky. A smile laid on her small, chubby face as she rested her chin on her chubby hands, waiting for her mother to come back from the kitchen. For a couple minutes, she had been waiting to see if her father would come home soon, hoping he would so both of her parents would be able to tuck her into bed.

Working late at night wasn't always easy for her father, but he always tried to make it home to his daughter and wife where the couple would tuck their daughter into bed. But nights when he couldn't make it home before her bedtime, he'd always make it up to her in the morning before heading to work.

It seemed like this night would be one of those nights where it'd be just her mother putting her to bed. As the girl's bright e/c eyes gazed out the window and at the night sky, she caught sight of something moving in the corner of her eye from outside. Gaze casting towards it, she watches as two horses ride by her horse, a trail of ice following behind one of them.

The animals were quick, but she recognized the people riding on them. The king, the queen and their son and daughter, her two best friends that she grew up with. Curiously and also in awe at the sight of ice when it wasn't even winter, Y/n stared at the shiny, slippery winter substance just as the sound of the door opening and closing as her mother stepped inside the room.

"Alright, honey. Time for bed." Her mother announces.

Y/n looks over her shoulder. "Is daddy home yet?"

Her mother shakes her head, clutching a handkerchief in her hand. "No, sweetheart. He's still working."

With a frown, nodding in reply to her words, the girl hops off the side sofa right below the window, but not before taking one last glance at the ice on the concrete ground before she climbed under the covers and into her bed. As she did that, her mother ventured over to the fireplace, feeling how cold the room is. It may not be winter, but the air outside was cool enough to put on the fireplace.