Letters to Accept

Information:

"Siriusly?" - talking

'Raven' - thinking

'you are an idiot!' - telepathy

"Wolf in sheep's clothing" - parseltongue

-YOU!- - spell

Nov 01, 1981

Vernon Dursley sat on the pink woven couch, fitting his entire frame across. His hands were holding the television remote. The television flashed with the day's news. 

"Vernon!" Petunia Dursley shouted, her voice shrill, "Look!"

Vernon sighs, annoyed at being interrupted, "What is it, Petunia?"

When the woman didn't respond, he reluctantly got off the couch with some effort and walked over to where his wife was standing in front of the open door. He repeated, "What is it, Petunia?"

She didn't say anything as she pointed her shaking finger at the base of her feet. He looked down, trying to look over his huge torso, and saw a few milk bottles and he was about to look up again before a small cry got his attention. 'T-That's a baby!'

The baby lay innocently on the highest step, wrapped in a baby blue blanket that barely covered his small frame. He had a small tuft of black hair on his small head and 4 letters were placed on his chest. "Get that!" He ordered his still trembling wife.

She slowly bent down and picked up the baby. "Not that you bumbling women, the letters!" Vernon exclaimed.

"B-but-"

"But what?" He asked slowly as if daring her to speak back to him. She quickly silenced herself, placed the baby on the floor inside the house, and picked up the letter on top. "Read it!"

"D-Dear Petunia,

I know you must be surprised to find a baby on your doorstep, I would be too. The baby's name is Harry James P-potter-" Vernon gave her a look, telling her to continue. "and he is my s-son. He is 1 year old. I wish that I could give this to you myself but certain circumstances have made me unavailable. Harry has a brother, Cameron. 

Remember when we were young, and I told you about the war? Well, it seems that Cameron defeated Voldemort, the man that we were fighting. Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts, the school I went to, suggested that we give Harry to someone to take care of as we didn't want Harry to grow up jealous and hateful that his brother got all the attention. Just so you know, he is also a squib, so he won't cause you much trouble.

I hope you have enough heart to keep him with you until we get him back on his 5th birthday.

Your Sister,

Lily Potter nee Evans"

She looked at Vernon who didn't say anything except nod towards the second letter. She noticed that there was a seal on the second one and broke it. She started to read, her voice raspy and lower than before.

"Petunia Dursley nee Evans,

I hope this letter finds you as soon as possible. My name is James Potter, and I am your sister's husband. The baby that is currently in your house is my eldest son, Harry James Potter. He is a very nice and quiet baby. I wish that I could properly introduce myself to you in person, but I, unfortunately, cannot. I thank you for taking Harry in. I will come to get him when I can, and again, thank you so much for doing this.

A Possible Friend,

James Fleamont Potter"

She quickly picked up the third letter, not wanting to anger Vernon even further than he was. Vernon was slowly turning purple, his hands clenched at his side. He looked like he was going to explode.