[14]

(this song is completely unrelated to the chapter's plot, i just put it here cause i'm ADDICTED to it and i feel like everyone deserves to hear this masterpiece 🧍)

{Iwaizumi's POV}

At 9:30 in the morning, on a Sunday, I got an incoming FaceTime from Oikawa.

I didn't know it was possible for him to wake up that early.

"Iwa-Chan! GUESS WHAT!" he practically yelled, and since I had woken up an hour ago, I was barely adjusted to loud noises.

"Jeez, no need to yell-"

"Oh yeah, sorry! Anyways, I had the perfect opportunity yesterday, and iz thought about it a lot and I knew it would be hard getting him to Miyagi anytime soon-" I cut him off before he could keep going.

"You're rambling again, Trashykawa. Just get to the point." I sighed, shaking my head.

"Oh yeah sorry about that... But anyways, I asked Atsumu out for us!"

"You did what-?" I sat there in stunned silence, his end quiet. I could see his facial expressions fall, so I quickly comforted him. "It's not a bad thing, I'm just shocked... to say the least. Are you with him right now? Can I talk to him?"

"Mhm, here 'Tsumu! He wants to talk to you!" he said to someone next to him, presumably Atsumu.

"I have ears, dumbass. Hi Iwaizumi!" the blonde said excitedly as he came into frame. "So we're kind of dating now."

"Yeah, I can see" I laughed out, and he gave me a wide smile in return.

We started talking, and once we got a little more comfortable, the three of us sat there talking on the phone for what felt like years. We would have kept going, but Akaashi—or at least I think they said Akaashi...—knocked on their door and told them everyone was heading out to the park.

"Ugh, this is kind of inconvenient but I don't want to abandon everyone... It's our last day all together." Atsumu sighed, burying his face into the hotel bed pillow. (why are they always so comfy though? like american hotels are normally either gross and run down or expensive and nice, but no matter what the pillows are nice)

"It's alright, I have an unlimited amount of time. You could even come to Miyagi next weekend if you wanted" I joked.

He smiled, and shrugged. "There's always time, isn't there? Well, I think we have to go now. Bye, Hajime!"

"Bye Iwa-Chan!" called Oikawa, and the camera panned over to him.

"Bye guys, see you soon 'Kawa." I smiled as they hung up, and flopped onto my bed. I don't think i'm going to regret it this time.

———————

AYO?! I DONT CHECK WATTPAD FOR A DAY AND I COME BACK TO 17 NOTIFICATIONS AND 430 READS?!

YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING TYSM, IM SO GLAD PEOPLE GENUINELY LIKE THIS

also i write this chapter listening to one of those "you were in too many fandoms as a kid" playlists and panicked when doki doki forever came on... the way that song glitches and hides dark themes in a sweet sounding song never fails to disturb me