[17]

{Iwaizumi's POV}

I was scrolling mindlessly through Instagram, coming across people I didn't know or didn't care about. I was about to close the app when I came across this one profile. The photo was, according to the caption, of the guys' cousin. The guy in the picture had dark, curly hair and dark green eyes.

I stared at the photo for a minute, and every second that passed seemed to draw me in more. I liked the photo and exited out of Instagram. I set my phone down and grabbed a new change of clothes. I went to take a shower and shake whatever that feeling was off.

———————

Well, showering definitely didn't help. I grabbed my volleyball and asked my mom if I could go out. She reluctantly agreed, but told me to get back soon because we had visitors coming. Plugging my earbuds in, I hit shuffle on a random playlist. 

I walked to the park, bouncing my volleyball mindlessly and zooming out as I walked. (i was so extremely tempted to write a car crash in here but i didn't just for u guys </3)

"Hey, Iwaizumi!" I heard a voice call out from the park as I was crossing the street. I scanned the grassy area, my gaze landing on Makki and Mattsun sitting on the top of the younger kids playground. And when I say the top, I mean the top.

"What are you DOING up there?" I laughed, walking over to them.

"Eh, we basically climbed this entire thing in five minutes" Makki shrugged.

"Weird date idea." I snickered, knowing they weren't together but both had crushes on each other (they are extremely obvious).

"Correction: best first date," Mattsun replied smoothly.

I raised my eyebrows. "Asked him out, did you?"

"Mmm, maybe I did. You gonna tell your boyfriend about us?"

"Which one?" I smirked, and I watched them exchange a confused glance.

"What do you mean which one? You have another boyfriend? Since when?" Makki shot questions at me, and I answered them all in one breath.

"Yes, Miya Atsumu, he's from Hyogo, and since yesterday. And before you ask, he's Oikawa's boyfriend too. I'm not cheating."

"Didn't know you were polyamory, good on you though" Mattsun replied.

"Eh, I didn't really either until I did a bit of research... but I'm a mess right now anyways."

"What do you mean by that?" he gave me one of the tell me now I want to know what you're thinking because I am very curious looks, and I froze. Was it the best idea...?

"Found this guy on Instagram... I don't even know his name and I think I fell for him. But, what are the chances Tooru and Atsumu would? Are they ready for another partner? It freaks me out, and I'm fairly new to this. I didn't even come to terms with my sexuality until second year!" I sighed, and the two climbed down from the top of the jungle gym and sat down with me at the top of the slide.

"Look, you have options. Look into the guy, figure out his name, etcetera. See if your boyfriends know him, see if you can start talking to him. Introduce them. There are so many ways to go about this, you should be able to figure this out." I stared at Makki. I had no idea he was good with this type of thing.

"Yeah, yeah... alright, that works. Thanks-, I definitely needed this closure."

He nodded, and I got up. "I think I'm gonna go home, my mom said to be back soon anyways. I'll see you guys at practice tomorrow." 

"Bye Iwa-Chan!" Mattsun snickered, and I glared at him. God, sometimes they were tolerable, but sometimes they just pissed me off. "Have fun with your boy problems!"

I walked back, picked up a handful of sand, threw it at them, and ran. I'm pretty sure Makki was ready to chase me, but gave up in the end.

"Those two... how the hell are they my best friends..."

———————

yes, I wrote this chapter at 8 am PST.

yes, I finished it at 8:31 am PST.

yes, I was listening to sped up songs the entire time.

yes, I think I know exactly how this is gonna play out.

:)

-ollie <3