ONYIYE THAT GIRL

Zacznij od początku

ONYIYE'S HOME

Notifications buzzing in her phone making her annoyed. 
Its morning and it is her fucken rest day! She clicks her tongue turning to lay on her left side. 
Her phone is pinging non stop annoying her to the core. Why is God punishing her in this manner. She pulls her phone underneath the pillow and decides to switch it off. Atleast she's not going to work. She sighs running out of sleep. She caresses on her flat tummy and smiles a bit. Atleast she is working and she will be able to take care of her child. It's just only going to be her and her little one. She's praying for a baby boy.
She can hear her mother calling for her from a distance. That shallow voice calling…
"Ey, ey! She kicks the blankets off her as she grunts in so much annoyance. She has her eyes still closed. She walks to her mother's bedroom and finds her wide awake. 
"Mah!" she lazily opens her eyes.
"Help me pee," she goes out to collect the bucket and help her pee. She needs someone who can assist her in this. It's getting tiring by the second. It's like all of her mother's burden is on her! 
"Must I pour you water to bath you as well?" She asks not ready to nurse a woman who is not even bothered to try doing things on her own. 
"Yes, please mntanami." 
The anger in her vanish immediately. She nods her head regretting her actions. 
"Sisipho," she softly calls for her name. She stops before she could even exit the room. 
"Mah," the response is much more lighter then the aggressive one. 
"Thank you. I know I wasn't the best mother… Onyiye…" She takes a deep breath. Sisipho secretly roles her eyes getting annoyed. Look like they will be having breakfast with the name dished out on the plates this morning! 
"What did Onyiye do?" She place her hands on her non-existing hips.
"I need to see her. It's important." 
"She doesn't respond to our calls." 
Her mother nods her head. "I don't blame her. I blame myself." She has never seen her mother emotional. Clearly Onyie's present not being around is affecting her. And for that, is leaving her with so many unanswered questions. 
"Let me go prepare you for bath." She walks not wanting to respond to the confusing statement. What did she mean when she said  'I don't blame her. I blame myself.'

She needs to start antenatal clinic. She doesn't want to have a baby like Ndimu. That baby was something else and very much scary. Reminds her of the guy she once saw in church. If she recalls correctly it's the same guy that once ambushed her at work. 
Some people are mad honestly. 
She walks outside the house heading to the rondovel. It's been long since it was last opened. She opens the padlock and enters. It's clean, atleast. With all of her rags tacked neatly. She cringes looking at the sponge that was on the floor. Who sleeps on something like this?
"Ewu," she closes her nose and opens the window for fresh air. There’s no smell, just her being dramatic.
She's snooping around through her things. She doesn't know what she is looking for but she is looking for something. 
Nothing important, she notices something behind a bucket. She pulls the paper behind and reads through with a slight frown on her face. 
"Ow shame, her and school. Mxm." She tares the papers into pieces throwing them on the floor.
She decides to leave the door open. Maybe if only she can make good use of this rondovel plus it is very much in good shape.

Sitting at home all day running out of plans of life. Wake up, eat and sleep. That is her routine for her day off. Instead of doing her washing she is lazing around stuffing herself with food. 
She's watching news but nothing interesting about it. Just…
A knock on the door has her grunting in displeasure. She just wanted to be indoors, she doesn't even want to see the sun. She places a bowl of popcorn on the table and goes towards the door. It's Clive Onyiye's friend.
“Onyiye is not here." She tells him before he could even ask anything. Maybe him knowing early will take his flat arse out of this compound.
"I know, I just wanted to ask if did you finally get hold of Onyinye?" Stupid him - he can't even pronounce her name. 
"We have her number." 
"Oh, okay. I'll take my leave then." She closes the door on his face. Footsteps fading…
She peeps through the window and watches him as he disappeared out of sight. 
She throws herself back on the couch - switches through those channels. It's pointless watching SABC channels midday. Nothing is interesting. 
If only she paid for the DSTV she wouldn't be here. For three months without payment…