It's just a quick snack that he will be able to digest. Two slices of bread with a slice of cheese and polony, his favourite…
"I can't feed myself - every part of my body hurts. I feel like I've being knocked down by a truck."
"What exactly happened? Your don't want to tell me."
"Let's drop this. I will find that man and I will deal with him until his ancestors come to the rescue." He hisses out of anger.
"If you have a funeral cover than I'm good."
"What does that suppose to mean?" Like - he is literally confused. Isn't she meant to support him through thick and thin?
"If you die I will mourn you and move on. Forget about you, find another man get married and raise our kids. You will not have the privilege of being called a father."
He frowns looking at the devil testing him. "I should look for coffins, starting from now onwards."
"Haibo! How can you organise my death while I'm still alive?"
"Because you will die anytime soon. You are practically organising your own death an I will help you to organise it further." She shrug her shoulders.
He looks at her in defeat.
"Entlek, awungincanwa wena?"
"Believe me I love you with everything in me. I wouldn't have waited for you for so long to be back in my life. The decisions you make sometimes are reckless Sthembiso. It's not what you want and what you will do. Whatever silly action you are trying to take, please make sure that the kids do not suffer because they do I will…."
"Okay, no need to kill me I get your point." He sighs. "I'm sorry I'm just angry that's all. My day started off in a not so good mood and ended in not so good mood." He explains.
"Askies, so how did the pitch go." She gets in bed and snuggles herself next to him.
"Not so hard baby. Be light with me I'm in pain." He reminds her.
"Be light with you? Mxm, so…..?"
"I got the deal signed everything and now I will have to put posters online for it. Design the logo – yoh thixo. Just take that brown envelope everything is there."
Onyiye grabs the brown envelope that is on top of the pedestal and reads through the papers that were inside. A smile grows on her face.
"Wow, so much money!"
The zeroes are confusing her.
"That's all you care about, the money?" He chucks holding his aching stomach.
"You have no idea. I grew up with nothing so this…."
Her eyes glister with tears.
Sthembiso smiles brushing her face admiring he inner and outer beauty. "I did what I did for us."
"Thank you." She leans over for a kiss placing her tiny hand on his stomach. He groans….
"Sorry." She giggles covering her face. He smiles pulling her to sleep on his chest.
"You the best in the history." He brushes her afro. He has never seen a woman who prefers their own natural hair.
"Not in the future?"
"No history mamazi."
"Mxm no wonder you are going to die young."
They both laugh.

She's fast asleep and he just enjoys watching her in her sleep. She's smiling and talking. This one always talks in her sleep, she talks of the events that happened that very same day. He pulls his phone from underneath the pillow and decides to take a short video of her. This woman!
He slowly gets of the bed - he needs to make an important phone call.

“Lindiwe are we still on?”
He asks sitting on top of the couch.
“What time tomorrow?”
“Lets make it around 12. We will meet in that restaurant we last met.” He disconnects the call smiling.

ONYIYE'S HOME

Sisipho has been trying Lungisani's phone since yesterday without luck. She didn't want to believe that the man she loved with her all got married while declared his love for her.
It's pasted in every social media - every post she comes across. Since he is not taking her calls she will leave a message on his Facebook comment section on the recent picture he uploaded.

"Yazi somehow I feel so stupid that I once loved you with my all. Just last month you were with me declaring your love for me. Sweating and mourning on top of me. Telling me all sorts of promises. The heaven and earth you promised me. You made me believe that you are the one for me Kanti you knew very well that you were never mine to begin with. You made me fall for you so deeply that I forgot to love myself in the process…" She stops typing and burst into tears painfully. She wipes her tears off and continues to type. "It's fine I will let you go. Just so you know you left your seed in me. Yes Lungisani I am pregnant and the baby is yours. If you like you can you can be part of your babies life."