Finale

Author's Notes: We have finally arrive to the last chapter! What will happen now between Jennie and Y/N? Would they finally be able to meet eye to eye? Enjoy and don't forget to hit vote. Thank you very much

~~~

JENNIE's POV
The dinner with the Parks had taken its toll on me. Then the annual school fundraiser arrived and I found myself with a whole new set of problems.

I was a Basketgirl. To fully appreciate the humiliation of being a Basketgirl you need to know that the chosen few are auctioned off in front of the student body to the highest-bidding males. It sucks.

Yes, technically, each of us comes with a lunch in a basket but let's not kid ourselves. This was a beefcake parade.

Irene: There she is, my idol.

Jennie: One word, you're a dead man.

Irene: I'm serious, Jennie. Listen, you won't believe this.

Jennie: What?

Irene: Two of the hottest guys are fighting over you.

Jennie: What are you talking about?

Irene: Kai is breaking up with Krystal. He and Taehyung are having a bidding war over you.

Jennie: I don't care.

Irene: Are you nuts? Kai dumped Krystal because of you. You're my idol.

As comforting as it was to be Irene's idol...it didn't diminish the horror of being Basketgirl number nine. And my only hope was that a giant tornado would destroy the school before the event.

It was a long shot.

Mrs. Yoo: Welcome, everyone to this year's Mayfield Boosters Club Auction. Once again we are pleased to present 20 of Mayfield's finest young women...

Irene: Jennie, Jennie, Jennie.

Jennie: What are you doing here?

Irene: Y/N's in the third row.

Jennie: So?

Irene: So Y/N's got a wad of cash.

Jennie: Bullshit.

Irene: Bull-true. I saw Y/N counting it by the locker.

Mrs. Yoo: And now please give a big Mayfield School welcome...to your 20XX Basketgirls.

Y/N with cash? What did this mean? Was it possible Y/N was gonna bid on me?

Mrs. Yoo: First up, we have...Wendy Son. Wendy's on the chess team...and her hobbies include stamp collecting and the yo-yo. Remember, when you bid...you'll not only be getting the beautiful Ms. Son...you'll also be enjoying...a lovely chicken-salad sandwich...and what looks to be a tasty bean dip, and...Oh. Excuse me, onion dip. And a big slice of cherry pie. Okay, who will start the bidding at $5?

Thus began the bidding.

Mrs. Yoo: Anybody?

Or in Wendy Son's case, the lack of bidding.

Mrs. Yoo: Very good, here we go.

One by one the basketgirls were auctioned off...

Mrs. Yoo: Number eight is Mina Myoui. Mina is a member of the debate team.

Now only Mina Myoui stood between me and the auction block. I wasn't interested in her hobbies or what was in her basket.

Mrs. Yoo: Let's start the bidding at $5.