~Ep. 4~

Author's Notes: Ep. 4 is here! How will Jennie deal with this weird feeling? How would Y/N react? Read to find out! Enjoy and don't forget to hit vote. Thank you very much

~~~

Y/N's POV
I'd never been embarrassed by where we lived before. I also never really thought about money. I knew we weren't rich, but I didn't feel like we were missing anything. That is, until Jennie Kim called our home a complete mess.

Lisa [SINGING]: What's your name?

Rosé[SINGING]: What's your name?

Rosé and Lisa[IN UNISON]:
Is it Mary or Sue?
What's your name?
Do I stand a chance with you?
It's so hard to find a personality
With charms like yours for me
Ooh-ee, ooh-ee, ooh-ee

I had to do something and I knew what it was.

Rosé and Lisa: [SINGING] What's your name?

Mrs. Park: Oh, you're sounding really good.

Mr. Park: Yeah.

Rosé: We'll record it in Seulgi's garage.

Mrs. Park: That's a wonderful project.

Y/N: Speaking of projects, I was thinking it might be cool to fix up the yard.

Mr. Park: What?

Y/N: I mean, how much can grass seed cost? I could plant a lawn, maybe some flowers. I could even put up a fence.

Mr. Park: Honey, that's a major undertaking.

Y/N: I could pay for it with my egg money.

Mr. Park: No. That's your money. The landlord should be the one taking care of all this.

Y/N: But he doesn't. And we live here. And it looks so bad.

Mr. Park: Y/N. What's going on?

Y/N: Nothing, Dad.

Mr. Park: It's okay, sweetheart. You can tell us.

Y/N: The Kims have been throwing away my eggs because they're afraid of salmonella. Because our yard is such a mess.

Mrs. Park: Did Mrs. Kim say that?

Y/N: No. Jennie did.

Mrs. Park: But it must have been a family discussion. A child doesn't come up with that on her own.

Rosé: Who cares what they think?

Lisa: Yeah, who cares?

Mrs. Park: I care.

Mr. Park: Honey. Let's not get into this.

Mrs. Park: No, I'm tired of living like this. I'm tired of having to take temp jobs just to make ends meet. I'm tired of having to push a chair up against the washing machine...just to keep the door shut. I'm tired of having to borrow Mrs. Lee's vacuum cleaner...every time ours breaks down.

Mr. Park: Do you think this is the life I pictured for us? Sometimes you have to sacrifice to do the right thing. We always end up agreeing that Devonhurst is the right thing for Daniel.

Mrs. Park: Well, maybe we should start thinking about what's right for us. Our daughter is suffering because we won't fix up our own yard.

Mr. Park: It's not our yard.

Mrs. Park: How can you say that, Mason? How? We've lived here for 12 years...and for 12 years we've been saying it's temporary, but it's not. This is our home. Is it wrong to wanna live somewhere you can be proud of? To have enough to send your kids to college? Maybe it's time we considered government care.