Dressed to kill: 𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 4

𝑫𝒓𝒆𝒔𝒔𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒊𝒍𝒍

: 𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 4: 𝑯𝒊𝒅𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒖𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒓 𝒎𝒚𝒔𝒆𝒍𝒇 :

Everyone stood once again in a straight line across the field. Most of the princesses did not know what competition attire was. Some were wearing simple dresses, a thin fabric with a corset on top. There were multiple complaints of disgust and anger as they stood there, muttering to each other about how annoyed they were with what they were wearing.

But Cassia knew better, she was wearing her favourite leather set. The only set given to her by the organisation, the handmade set was one of a kind. Tailored just for her, fitted like a glove. Leather pants and a leather top. A sliver to carry her arrows. A compartment belt which helped to carry her daggers. But today, it would just be filled with small tranquillisers. And the comfiest pair of army boots. The toughest material for any kinds of challenges or more jobs in Cassia's world.

The Queen, Lord Theseus and Prince Adrien sat in throne-like chairs outside of the snowy castle on the grasslands. Transported earlier this morning by carriage, they had been preparing for the contest.

Adrien sat among his chair bored. In his suit of amour, he looked handsome as always, his blonde hair covered in dimples of snow that had fallen amongst them. The newly clothed trees rose as white fairytale beings in that wintry scape, the grey sky hidden behind the bounty of white snow. Adrien stared at the small specks floating down, his cheeks flooded with pink as he shivered. His black buckled boots were warm, the golden buttons on his jacket shone in the snow, the white powder slowly falling amongst his feet.

Lord Theseus stood and said in his boring but official tone, "Morning princesses. Your first official challenge starts today. You would all be wondering what it is but I bet you girls could tell from what stands before you."

A few of the girls still seemed confused but Cassia was laughing inside. A target and arrows. How much better could this challenge get? Archery. Cassia's favourite. One of the many things she was best at. Lucky her, she had bought her sliver.

The Lord continued,

"Now, to complete the first challenge, you will have to ride on your allocated horses and ride across the field, attempting to shoot your shot with the bow and arrow. If you miss the target, you are out of this competition and will be sent home. But if your arrow lands on the target, you will stay. To decide the winner of this challenge, whoever gets the closest to the centre will win and get to spend more quality time with the Prince."

Adrien jerked his head in annoyance, the Prince is annoyed about how set up this is. He hoped so much that Princess Colette would not "win" again, especially after what happened last night.

Theseus kept on explaining the challenge, still in his ignorant tone, "You will be going individually, not only to see who stands a chance but obviously for safety precautions. Starting from the front of the line, you may begin."

The line kept on getting shorter and shorter. Some stayed, just landing their arrow on the target. Some left, most missing the target completely. Princess Wesa fell off her horse mid-shot but somehow her arrow landed on the target. Beginners luck, Cassia imagined.

Princess Colette was next. She still seemed salty about not being allowed to have her own horse. I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually called 'Buttercup', thought Cassia.

The Princess slowly started trotting up to the target. For some reason, the horse Colette had been allocated did not seem to like her one bit. The horse she had received was hand-chosen, a simple, fun and likeable horse. However, as it trotted across the field, there was a disturbance in the way it trotted, an awkward jump appearing every once in a while.