Silence Will Fall

Tasha Lem lifts her hands to silence the cavernous space of the main auditorium. The entirety of the church is gathered here, chattering in confusion. At once, when they see her raised hands, everyone within the space immediately quiets. The silence that now fills the huge space is nearly as deafening as a bomb.

"Attention, attention all Chapels and Choirs of the Papal Mainframe," she says in her normal speaking tone. It booms and echoes around the auditorium. "The siege of Trenzalore has begun." Her clergy look at one another in shock, in fear, in sadness, in confirmation, with smug looks. Some expected this; others never would have. Tasha clears her throat calmly.

"There will now be an unscheduled faith change," she declares. "From this moment on, I dedicate this church to one cause. Silence."

No resistance meets her words, from neither the subjects of the church or the guards flanked behind her. There isn't a sound in the room, as if everyone has stopped breathing.

"The Doctor will not speak his name, and war will not begin. We will strive, as once church, to maintain peace between the Doctor and his enemies. Silence will fall!"

Now there is a noise, and it fills the total silence of the Mainframe at once with the three-word chant. Everyone is speaking at once, in the same tone, with the same amount of fervor. Each lifeform within this Papal Mainframe is prepared to do anything, everything, at all possible to avoid a war. There will be no bloodshed. There shall not.

"Silence will fall!" they shout. "Silence will fall!"