Tremendous News

Osgood roams around the corridor, jumpy with fear. She managed to throw the Zygon off her trail, but where it has gone is anyone's guess. After a moment, she realizes she has more important problems: muffled moaning emits from one of the tarps under which the Zygons had been hiding. Tentatively she approaches it, foreign courage flooding through her veins. In one swift movement, she pulls the sheet off the figure to reveal a human plastered to the wall by red suckers.

"Kate," Osgood sighs thankfully. "Oh goodness, you're not actually dead. That's tremendous news." She rips the suckers off her boss's body and frees her mouth. Kate stretches and groans. "Those creatures," her assistant explains, "turn themselves into copies, and they need to keep the original alive to refresh the image, so to speak."

"Where did they go?" Kate asks breathlessly.

Osgood pats her arm. "I don't know. Oh, hang on! Yes, I do!" The thought returns to her in a flash. "The Tower."

Kate's eyes widen almost to a size Osgood did not even think possible. With her voice very low and deathly calm, she slowly tells the young woman, "If those creatures got access to the Black Archive, we may have just lost control of the planet."