" Well of course, you don't expect a baby to use something suffocating"

" Eh whatever. The point is I'm going to have a good rest in your car"

" Let's hope the roads agree"

The roads did not agree.
Ugh, I was really looking forward to napping throughout the ride. Saleem knew this would happen and here is, taking me as a laughingstock. I had literally gotten all comfy at the back of his car with my extremely soft blanket but here I am now, arms folded and seated on the passenger's seat beside Saleem. " Stop vexing for me, I told you what to expect" He says with a sly smirk on his face. " you entered the gallops intentionally, I can feel it"

" You're feeling wrong" he says and I sigh heavily, at least I'm covered with my blanket. " the sleep has completely left me, I want cookies" I say, taking my bag from behind. " I'd love some too"

" Sure"

" Thank you, I love you" He says sweetly and I smile wholeheartedly. Random I love you's  make me really happy. " So I was thinking, what if we actually get there but they don't listen to us, I mean we don't even have proof, like a blood test or something"

" at least they'll be aware and don't worry, we have proof. Habeebah's picture is enough, you'll see"

" I wonder when they'll catch her finally" She has been roaming scot-free for too long really. " Hopefully soon In Sha Allah, by the way Haneef's results are out" Yeah he mentioned that on Friday. " And?"

" Schizophrenia. Habeebah's bipolar but Haneef got something more defined. Those two are really not supposed to be allowed to roam around freely, anything could happen honestly"

" Well Daddy had to bring Habeebah under our roof because of Ameerah so.."

" Sure I know but I feel she should have had restrictions on her whereabouts"

" then she would get violent, it's like I didn't tell you about the drama with her"

" you did, You're the definition of small but mighty"

" of course, cheat on me and see what will happen"

" I waited too long for you to even think about cheating on you, in case you don't know"

" Don't worry sir, I know" He says and words from our conversation in New York cloud my head again, it's been going on for a while, I've been picturing being a married woman and boy, it's funny. " Saleem, do you snore?. I don't want to sleep on the same bed with a snorer. And I've been thinking, don't you think I'm too small to settle down?, I'm literally turning 19 this year but look at me, I look 12" I say and watch him smile breathtakingly. I let out a sigh and a " Ma sha Allah" in my head. " You should be happy you're petite, makes you even more adorable, like Theodore from Alvin and the chipmunks"

" I love Theodore, he's a mumu sha, but he's still cute, very cute"

" like you, and you're not small, if you were in your father's village now you would be married to a farmer with kids"

" Don't be silly"

" I still find it surprising that you're yoruba just so you know" not surprising. I know it's rare to find a yoruba person in Nigeria without that accent and is unable to even speak the language, but that's how my parents were raised and here I am now. " E be things, I really just roll with it"

" Yeah when you marry me, you'll raise an Igala family"

" who says I'm marrying you?"

" lol who do you want to marry before?, Haneef?" He did not just say that. Not hesitating to slap his arm as hard as possible, I send him a glare as he chuckles loudly. " What?, you were actually once in love with him and considered him. If I actually died in an accident he wasn't involved in, I would have actually appreciated you moving on with him, as someone I trust and we literally are like brothers, I'd be certain he'd protect you and actually genuinely care for you" Haneef said the same thing really, they honestly have a beautiful solid friendship. Things were just meant to go wrong. " I hope he honestly gets better"