~Chapter 1 | Zeus Falls~

Life felt like a dream.

And that's saying something.

The breeze felt soft in his hair, tangling itself through his cushioned orange strands of the setting sky.

Apollo is doing well today, he heard the Earth sing.

Sure enough, gazing over the crystalline balcony, Yuta was seen driving the sun across the horizon.

Yuta..his true name.

Each of the gods felt it smart to write their legends with associative names, keeping that one meaningless trait to themselves.

Only the gods knew eachother as their true selves.

Jungwoo sighed in content as the burning star finally ducked behind the clouds, casting a warm grey across the expanse of the horizon. He leaned comfortably into the edge of the balcony, knowing it wouldn't dare falter on him, having nothing but pure bliss coating his soft features.

Zeus, I pray you keep your hand over my soul as I rest tonight.

A hum rolled along his tongue as the prayer reached his ears.

Keep me safe from the hands of Hades, shield my eyes from Aphrodite's temptation, and fill my lungs with your wind to protect me from Poseidon's storm.

Interesting, he thought. Men don't usually pray to me like this.

Each word etched into his ears like thick sap trickling down a smooth trunk of pinewood.

And if I dare waver in my dedication, I pray you strike me dead where I stand.

A whisper of a laugh glided along his lips. Cute.

Humans were never eternally loyal.

Even the strongest among them waver when facing difficulties.

But the temporary sentiment never failed to tickle his head.

"Oh, you simple humans.."

Another low laugh.

"It's you glorious fools that lead me to keeping the earth alive."

"As if they aren't the reason you've nearly wiped it out, Woo."

Of course.

Happiness can never last.

With a near immediate sigh, Jungwoo turned to greet the mocking voice that just joined him on his balcony.

"Don't call me that, Aphrodite."

He scoffed.

"Oh please Zeus, you know you love it."

"The only thing I love is Hera," Jungwoo uttered, meeting the other's eye.

It took less than four seconds before they both started laughing maniacally.

Yes, Zeus and Hera. Olympus's biggest lie.

"You really have some wit, Woo. I underestimate you too much.

Wiping most of the smile from his face, Jungwoo sighed.

"Still don't like the name, Johnny."

Johnny put his hands up in mock surrender.

"If you say so, God of Olympus."

Jungwoo flashed a witty smirk.

"Remove yourself from my balcony, then, Goddess of Seduction."

Johnny actually snorted at that, swiveling his feet and meandering away.