"Wow is right, Mouse-san; Tazuna finished this beauty a few months ago after Konoha ninjas fought a demon swordsman! We call it the 'Bridge of Hope' as it revived our land." All around them merchants and travelers crossed the bridge on everything from foot to carriages.

"Oh? That's nice" Naruto said indifferently. He didn't know why but Kota Yukimura had given him a bad vibe the closer they got to their destination. Not being able to explain it just made his defenses stay up more.

It's my ability.

'Huh? Kurama! Long time no thought' Naruto joked. Inside the seal Kurama rolled his eyes and resisted an unrefined groan.

I can sense negative emotions like none other. Once you faced yourself gaki you too became able to sense the dark emotions in others like beacons. This disgusting swine you're guarding reeks of it. I don't know what he's planning but I don't like it. The fox growled at the thought of the man in front of his container. His chakra was undeveloped and Naruto could effortlessly overpower him but Kurama learned the hard way that inferior creatures had the annoying ability to enslave their betters through luck or other methods. Madara and that damable fourth were perfect examples.

'Sota is planning something' Naruto agreed while observing how the ambassador glanced nervously to and fro. 'Thank you for the new skill, Kurama. Without it I might not have been able to discern what this swine was feeling.' And he wasn't lying; Sota could mis project his intentions like a well trained assassin- not something an average civil servant would be capable of doing.

Hmph. Whatever gaki. Just be careful. I refuse to have my container fall to such a swine. After this… useless human political crap of a mission we'll train in refining your sensing. Right now you're limited to those within a few feet of yourself and my power is limited as you refuse to release any of my chakra while in your mask.

'You know why! It's that or face Dragon-sama and I for one don't want to tick off a man who supposedly slaughtered a Kumo shinobi with a SPOON last year before I can even dodge him.

"Ouse, Mouse! Yoo-hoo, anyone home?" Sota moved his hand as if to wave it in front of the blonde's face but instead was caught in a vice grip.

"Yes I'm here, Yukimura-san. Please, let's continue to your country's council, I would prefer to complete this mission as quickly as possible."

"Aww, already bored with me?" Sota teased, even as his aura took a slightly sadistic spike. Naruto suppressed a shiver.

"No, but let's get going."
"Sigh, you're no fun. And what's with your cat?" He pointed to Angel who was bounding away towards the town as per their agreement before the start of the mission.

"Oh nothing; Angel just likes hunting so she's probably off to fish or catch a squirrel. She'll find us later." Sota Yukimura nodded hesitantly but didn't question it.

Angel raced away towards their target's house according to the map provided. Akira and Habiki had already been summoned during a 'bathroom break' by Naruto, along with a few clones. They would scout the area and once Naruto arrived that evening they'd begin planning how to carry out the actual assignment.

Away from Naruto…

As Angel set off on her mission another group of shinobi were preparing their own.

"Danzo-sama will have his weapon soon. Follow the Jinchuuriki from a distance until he leaves Wave. We'll strike then." A shadowy figure ordered into his headset from a hidden vantage point. The binoculars focused on his target, the Root agent observed their inside man guide the Jinchuuriki towards the trade and treaties council. The man was part of Root's civilian infiltration corps; though never taught to access chakra each member was able to masterfully manipulate the public sphere wherever they were sent. Surly gaining the Jinchuuriki's trust- or at least putting him at ease- would be child's play.