"Nothing happened!"

"Girl, stop yelling. Damn. You gonna give me a headache."

"Sorry," I mumbled.

She motioned for me to follow her into the nursery. She closed the door and motioned for me to sit down.

"Alright, what's the real issue?" she quizzed, folding her arms.

"Rory..."

She just gave me a look.

"Alright. It's just weird having Asher talk to dad and dad having his number."

"What's weird about it. Asher is damn near your boyfriend..."

"Almost isn't the real deal. Yes, I like Asher, but..."

"But what? Do all the boyfriend and girlfriend things without a title? That boy is in love with you. Now if you're scared to get in a relationship, that's different."

"Maybe I am and don't tell anyone I said that."

She laughed.

"I won't tell anyone. Now, why are you scared?"

"We're two years a part. I'm still have another year of high school. He's traveling. He's around a whole bunch of girls and I don't want to get hurt. Still I can't ignore the feelings I have for him which just seem to be getting stronger and stronger."

She gave me a look.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Vaughn, do you love Asher?"

"Huh, what?"

"You do!"

She started getting excited and clapping her hands.

"Stop! Maybe I do love him, but I can't tell him that!"

"Why not?"

"I just told you why!"

"Vaughn, look. I wish I could tell you everything will be easy, but that would be a lie. In the event of this fa going left, heartbreak sucks. I went through it, but trust me when I tell you falling in love and being in love is a beautiful thing when you find the right person."

"You're lucky you found your person," I muttered.

She took a seat next to me.

"I took a chance. After breaking up with Kyle and being publicly embarrassed like I was, I was afraid to get into a relationship. Bash and I becoming friends was unexpected. The more we were around each other, the closer we became. It got to a point where I didn't want to be his friend anymore and the feeling was mutual. We gave a relationship a shot and here we are now."

"Yeah, but weren't you scared getting in a relationship would ruin the friendship you had?"

"Of course! That was the biggest things we both considered. It was a hard decision, but it would be even harder seeing him with someone else."