~Dear Kappu, (3)

"Ab itna pyaar karne wali Rani Sahiba mujh jese Khadoos ko mili h to unhe udaas to nhi kar skta na.. Isliye marne ka plan cancel karke wapas aa gya, Sirf Tumhare Liye!"

Monami was blushing remembering his words and seeing the pictures of their first anniversary. It had been a week since 28th of January. She was getting bored in the park waiting for her 'punctual' husband and so thought of adoring the pictures of celebrations.

Suddenly she came accross a pic, a little blurred, as if it was clicked by mistake, in which Sanju was exiting the celebration area while wiping her tears.

"Kya hua kya dekh rahi ho?" Karan came and asked back hugging her.
"Ye.. ye dekho Sanju. Aisa nhi lag rha isme ki wo ro rahi thi?"
"Dikhao!"
She passed him the phone and he observed it.
"Ha, definitely wo ro rhi thi.. par kyu?"

Monami shrugged her shoulders when she realised her Khadoos is late. But before she could bawl out on him her phone rang. As she picked up the call ended.

"Kiska call tha?" Karan asked curiously.
"Ghar se call tha, kat gya." She told him while dialling the number again.
"Sasur Ji ne bacha liya warna aaj me shahid ho jata!" He said over dramatically keeping his hand on heart to receive a slap on his arm. "Ouch."

The call was answered, she just hummed in response and cut it.
"Kya hua Walnut Ji ne daata na!"

As she looked at him he immediately cupped her face seeing her teary-eyed.
"Kya hua Monami why're you crying han?" he panicked.
"Karan Papa ki tabiyat bhot kharab h, he's hospitalized. Mujhe unse aaj hi milne jana hoga."
"Ek kaam karo academy chlte h pack your stuffs. Me bhi tumhare sath chalunga and hum thodi der me nikalenge okay!?"

She nodded and they headed towards the academy. Siddharth and Sanjana were to return this week from Bundelkhand & Koel and Faizi had to leave for Amritsar as a result of transfer. The recruits and trainers were given holiday for a fortnight so MoRan could also depart to Mumbai.

Karan with his bag got the jeep out and stopped at the gate for Monami. She kept her bag at the back seat and was about to climb the jeep when, "Tum 5 min ruko pls me abhi aayi!" Saying so she rushed inside.
"Arey par Monami listen!! Gayi!"

She returned after a while with a satisfactory yet small smile on her face and sat on the seat.
"Let's go!"
"Hmm" he made her wear the seat belt to which she smiled at him and he returned one.
"Wese Sanju wali baat ka kya karein?"
She adjusted the belt when a small tape fell from her pocket, which she then kept in one of the cabinets of the jeep. "Don't worry, uska intezaam mein karke aayi hun."

Late night a cab stopped in front of the academy gate and a couple came out from it. "Kafi sannata hai na Sanju.. Sab gye honge holiday par." Sid remarked as he stretched his hands tired of the long journey.

"Ha lagto to yehi hai. Chalo bhot thak gye hain to so jato hain."
"Han me thoda luggage and all room me rakh deta hoon tum baki ka samaan leke aajana and Sasu MomG ko call karke batadena that we've reached okay‽"
Hearing that she got lost somewhere which didn't go unnoticed by Siddharth. He kept a hand on her shoulder and held it.
"Sanju?" He asked concerned.
"Ha.. Haan?" She replied coming out of her trance.
He cupped her face and asked her what happened to which she smiled and nodded her head in no.

Kaise, jiunga kaise?
Bataa de mujhko
Tere bina!

"Siddharth, hum Amma ko batadenge lekin tum koi bag na uthaoge!"
"Arey but why?"
"Tum abhi abhi coma se baahar aaye ho aur abhi kamzor ho. Hum tumhe esa ye saaman-"
"Mrs. Dubey aap shayad bhool rhi h ki me Cadet Siddharth Ganju nhi Spl. Agent Siddharth Ganju hun and Mrs. Todfod ka husband. Ye coma and all mujhe kya weak krega!"