"He's not."

"Damn sure he won't. If I have to step in every time to get him back in line, I will. You and I both know I don't have to do that. You are more than capable of handling Logan on your own. He goes all sweet on you and uses that baby voice and you melt. He's only going to get older and smarter to use that shit against you. Don't let him. You get what I'm saying?"

"Yeah, I hear you babe. All valid points. As for the trip, I'll talk to Jamie and see what she thinks. Then we can go from there."

"Mm hmm."

"Don't forget, we have Logan's..."

"His parent teacher conference is after school. He has a half day. We'll drop Livy off with my mom on the way. She said it was fine."

How he managed to keep up with everything I told him without me having repeat myself always amazed me. I'm told I'm lucky. Trust me, I know.
From the change in his breathing, I knew he had fallen asleep. I did the same, awoken again just a few hours later by my alarm.

After using the bathroom, I went to Olivia's room. I was surprised she was still sleeping. Logan wasn't in bed. His room was clean without him being told to do so and he was ready for school already? Yeah, I knew this game all too well and clearly my 7 year old was picking up on tricks of the trade. Going downstairs I saw him sitting at the kitchen island with a bowl of cereal.

"Good morning, sweetheart."

"Morning mommy," he replied with his mouth full.

"Ready for school?"

"Mm hmm."

"You know daddy and I are meeting with your teacher, Ms. Sullivan, today after school."

"I know," he replied quietly.

"What's wrong?"

"You and daddy are going to be mad at what she says and then I'm going to be in trouble."

Just as I figured.

I took a seat next to him, turning him to me.

"What are we going to be upset about?"

"She's going to tell you so it doesn't matter what I say," he countered, jumping up from the table with an attitude.

Yeah, no. This is exactly what Tyler was talking about.

"Logan, if you're done, you know to clean up after yourself."

He sighed, taking his bowl and tossing it into the sink, damn near breaking it. Is this really how he wanted to start off his morning?

"Alright, enough. Come sit down and tell me what's bothering you."

"Nothing!"

"I don't know who you're telling at, but that's not how you speak to anyone, especially not me. I asked you a question that I expect an answer to, so come sit down, and let's talk it out. If you want to do this the hard way, we can do that to."

He just glared at me before walking away. He wasn't expecting to walk right into his father.

"G-good morning daddy."

"Good morning to you, too. If I heard correctly, your mother told you to do something."

"I don't want to."

"You don't have a choice. When she tells you to do something, you do it. This is not anything new, Logan. Lately I don't know what's been going on with you, but clearly you're having a hard time following directions."

"Whatever, just leave me alone."

Tyler just glanced over at me before turning his attention back to Logan.