013

you wake up slowly to the rhythmic sound of rain tapping against your window. opening your eyes, you glimpse a small spatter of raindrops coming through your window, which is propped slightly ajar. silently cursing to yourself, you reach to close it, only to find yourself weighed down by the heavy weight of an arm draped across your waist and tightly wound across your stomach.

you slowly come to recognize the feeling of another body pressed tightly against yours from behind. the familiar pat of breath hitting the back of your neck and the almost uncomfortable amount of warmth you're wrapped in.

the night before comes rushing back. you drop your arm, relaxing back into the bed, thinking of everything that happened and silently cursing yourself for getting wrapped up in his charm. you don't doubt that the intimate encounter would have repercussions.

you couldn't decide whether it was better or worse that you hadn't slept together, but had only slept together in the most literal sense. on the one hand, the less sexual encounter put less baggage on your professional relationship. on the other hand, sleeping in the same bed felt more meaningful and intimate than the latter.

you'd have to make sure to establish boundaries, that way eren knew not to expect too much. now you were trying to decide if you should just lay in bed, or try to escape his tight hold and get ready for practice.

shit, what time was it? if it was light outside you were already probably late. you silently curse and reach for your phone, not caring about whether the sudden movement woke eren or not.

9:38 am, it reads. fuck.

you quickly turn around to wake up eren, only to find the man blinking his eyes open, bleary expression offended at the sudden wake up.

"get up, we're late," you whisper urgently, already throwing the covers off and pushing out of his embrace. you move to sit up only to feel eren throw his arm around your waist and demandingly drag you back down under the covers with him.

"eren what-," you start before he shushes you, his hand covering your mouth and preventing you from speaking anything other than mumbles. you push against his arm in annoyance.

he leans over your ear, similar to last night before you'd fallen asleep.

"we're taking the day off," he says lazily and your eyebrows draw together in confusion. you couldn't afford to take a day off, and you doubted your instructor had okayed this decision.

"what do you mean we're taking the day off? we're the leads in the show, we don't just get a day off," you retort, brain still trying to understand why he would think you could just skip practice.

you mentally think of what you have to do in your morning routine. you were already an hour late, so you could skip breakfast, skip a shower, and just throw on your clothes from yesterday before catching the next train. it ran on a 30 minute loop so you could likely catch the next one in time-

your thoughts are interrupted by eren again.

"look, i called and asked. levi said yes, so stop worrying and go back to sleep, i'm tired," he says before letting out a tired sigh, closing his eyes and seemingly going back to bed, hold tightening around you, unrelenting to let you go.

you're silent for a moment.

"okay well you can keep sleeping, i'm going to practice," you say and push out of his hold. you stand up to walk to your closet and get dressed but eren grabs your wrist before you stray too far from the bed.

"i wouldn't do that if i were you," he says and you roll your eyes before trying yet again to pull from his hold.

"i told levi we were skipping for some partner bonding," he continues and you stop your struggle and look at him, "he said he thinks it's a good idea, said it was fine," he finishes, eyes now watching you sleepily and gauging your reaction.