"Chidori!" Kakashi said as he

"Susanoo: Tsukomo" An inhuman looking chakra image of a warrior like creature rises above Dragon. Its ribcage opens and several chakra spikes shoot forward, impaling Han and the land around the Jinchuuriki before dissipating once Dragon drops the technique and clutches the eye. Han lay dead, the demonic chakra already spreading everywhere. "Ugh, it's been too long since I used that." Dragon groaned. His subordinates dropped to the ground as well, Kakashi and Tenzo both sporting burns and cracked ribs, Dragon himself having a possibly fractured leg. His shunshin was useful, but it left the user open for a counter strike. It's how he lost his first eye all those years ago. He wraps the leg up after some medical ninjutsu, deeming it able to last till they got back.

"Dragon-sama, how" Tenzo tried but Dragon stopped him.

"Once we're safe at home. That chakra will be felt by reinforcements and they'll be here within several hours. For now, make your wood go away, Kakashi, add some more lighting marks while I position the bodies and hide our trail." Rain started puttering due to it being the wet season, a small blessing as it would aid in masking their scents.

"Yes sir" They both said, though neither could look at him.

The things he did for Konoha…

Back in Konoha, present…

"And we made it where Iwa will suspect Kumo, just as you ordered, Hokage-sama." Dragon finished his report, him and the others sitting down, the Hokage looking older than ever. They were in the black ops room, the place where missions that didn't exist were handed out. Dragon had been here many times, the worst still when he was given that mission.

"Thank you, Dragon. While it pains me to possibly start a war between the two villages, Konoha wouldn't have survived had they sent Han and Roshi. At least now we stand a solid chance."

"Of course, Hokage-sama" Dragon bowed his head. Kakashi and Tenzo- who was unmasked- had blank looks.

"We have around five years give or take before the Gobi manifests again, at which Iwa will scramble to reseal it. Until then only Kumo has two, putting us at an advantage as we hold the Kyubi, though I hate thinking of Naruto that way."

"Mouse knows his duty, and he's happy. He just has a chakra battery of sorts, one that will help both him and Konoha in the long run." Sarutobi assents and sighs.

"Now, I think you need a few minutes alone with your team. This room is secure, I'll be taking a stroll. You have authorization to tell them what you wish, even the whole truth." The weight of that statement hit the commander as his leader stood up and walked away. Soon they were left alone. The three powerful shinobi, one S-rank and the other two A-ranked, sat in silence. Finally, Kakashi spoke.

"Why? Why did you let us think you were dead, Shisui?"

For the first time in years, Dragon took off his mask outside of his sealed room. The face of Shisui Uchiha, thought to everyone but his Hokage to be dead- until now, that is- stared with one eye at his old comrades and friends.

"It's…hard to explain."

"Try us" Kakashi quipped. He had been on the same squad as Shisui for a short time before the younger man became a one man team for a special assignment for the Hokage. Kakashi and Tenzo had both tried to keep in contact with their friend, but he drifted apart, eyes becoming more worried.

And then he committed suicide, though many blamed Itachi. It was another failure on Kakashi's part, even if the rational side assured him he had no way of knowing what was happening. And now Shisui sat in front of him once again, not dead, but instead a different person, as the commander, a more serious but still joking individual.