TWENTY THREE: A WAY HOME

Start from the beginning

"No way," Steve breathed, seeing it was Eddie's trailer just upside down.

Dustin was laughing as they looked up, "Hi there."

The three teens were waving at them laughing at how weird the situation was.

"Hi," Steve giggled back. All of them were extremely pleased to see their friends again, now joined by Erica.

"How are we supposed to get through?" Eve asked them, "You have a ladder or something?"

"Tie the sheets together," Eddie suggested, "they can pull us through, land on a mattress or the couch."

Dustin and his group nodded, getting to work on tying everything together and grabbing the mattress. It didn't;t take too long, but every second felt like a minute as they waited for their freedom. Eve stood behind them all, arms crossed over her body as she waited patiently.

"Those stains are... uh," She heard Eddie mumble but decided to block it out for her mental health. She felt a shiver go down her spine as she looked behind her.

Nothing was there.

"Not quite sure how this physics is gone work... but, uh, here goes nothing," Dustin said, throwing up the sheets and letting them fall through, "And if my theory is correct..." he let go, the sheets hanging, "Abracadabra."

"holy shit," Max whispered.

"Alright, pull on it!" Dustin yelled, "See if it holds!"

Robin did the honours, hanging on it and jumping off the ground. It stayed put.

"Good luck getting these sheets back," Eve mumbled to Eddie, "They're forever stuck between these two now."

Robin held onto the sheets again, "Guess I'm the guinea pig," She said to them, looking back, before hoisting herself up and beginning to climb through, before falling onto the mattress with a gasp.

"Thank god," Robin breathed.

The four still there stood looking at each other, wondering who should go next.

"All right, guess I'll go," Eddie took the lead, grabbing the sheets himself and climbing up them, before falling through, "That... was fun."

"Who's next?" Steve asked, looking at the two of them.

"Let Nancy," Eve stays to Steve, who nods his head, looking over at the girl.

"See you on the other side," Steve said with a smile.

"On the other side," Nancy nodded, grabbing on and beginning to hoist herself up. As she did that, another shiver went down Eve's spine, making her turn her head to see what was causing it.

Behind her, just out the window, she could see a man, standing staring back at her. She stared at him for a second, before looking at Steve to see his focus on Nancy. She moved closer to the window, looking out to see who was there, her eyes falling on the one person she had hoped to never see again.

Her therapist from the clinic, staring her down with a sick grin on his face.

Her heart dropped, her breath getting caught in her throat as she stares back at him, at his cold eyes that she had once been so used to seeing. She still hated them, and she still hated how they made her feel like she was about to die.

"Evangeline," She turned around then, only to see Steve and Nancy had disappeared, as well as the gate.

She was stuck.

"Evangeline."

She turned then, the doctor in front of her. Her panic rose as she stayed silent.

He isn't real, he isn't real.

"It's time for your final session."

"What?" Eve whispered, her voice cracking, moving back as she tried to get away from him, almost tripping over vines as he walked towards her slowly, "Get away from me!"

"You have almost completed your treatment, with this last step you will be healed." His smile was getting wider, to the point it looked unnatural from where she stood.

"Steve!" Eve yelled, "Max! Robin! Anyone, please!" She cried as her back met the wall, the doctor now right in front of her.

"It's time."

A/N

AND THAT IS THE END OF VOLUME ONE

LOVE YOU ALL, AND THANK YOU FOR BEING SO ENGAGED DURING THIS STORY, SEE YOU ALL ON JULY 1ST!