TWENTY THREE: A WAY HOME

Börja om från början

"It matches with my theory," Eve says to them. "The connection thing, that Vecna was opening them."

"Smart, smart child," Steve said to her.

"How far is your trailer?" Nancy asks Eddie.

"Seven miles," Eddie responds.

"Nancy..." Robin then speaks up, seeing all of their hopes being lowered by the second, "I know your house here is, like, creepily frozen in time and shit, but haven't you always had bikes?"

They turn to her then, all with hopeful faces as she nods. Eve turns back to the board.

T... R... A... I... L... E... R...

"Gotcha!" They hear Dustin yell as they all stand up, following Nancy's lead into the garage to find the bikes.

"There's only four," Eve realises as they all grab one. Steve then points to his handlebars, making her shake her head.

"Come on, dude," Steve says to her, "Handlebars or stay here."

"Fine," She grumbled, jumping up and sitting so her back was against Steve's front, helping her stay balanced as they began to ride to Eddie's trailer.

-

When they finally made it, Eve's ass hurt - Steve was not good on a bike, and decided to go over every little bump in the road he could find, each time getting a complaint from his sister. As soon as they had arrived, she had jumped off and turned to glare at him.

"That's gotta be a Guinness World Record. Most miles travelled inter-dimensionally," Robin says to them.

"Or loudest bike journey," Steve said glaring back at Eve.

"That shit hurt1' Eve argued.

"You were being a baby!" he argued back.

"A baby? You went over every bump you could find!" She shouted.

"Guys! Stop!" Nancy told them, making them both fall silent as they looked at her, "Not now. We have to go."

They followed her and Eddie into his trailer, the place where Chrissy had died, and Eve and Dustin had been right. From the ceiling was a red light, a gate that was covered in webs and vines, that seemed to be making noises that were anything but human. The whole thing was incredibly creepy, to be honest.

"This is where Chrissy died," Eddie told them all solemnly, remembering the girl he had seen die from what at the time seemed like nothing - oh how wrong he had been, "Like, right where she died."

"I think there's something in there," Robin said quietly, as if not to gain the attention of whatever she could see.

They watched something behind push on the other side of the webs, the thing moving around quickly, and scaring the bunch as they moved closer to each other.

"What the hell is that?" Eddie whispered as they all stared at it, terrified it was something new they had to fight.

It suddenly punched through, making all of them scream and move back, only to see Dustin Henderson with a broom, moving the weird cobweb away to let them through. They looked up at them, EVe's eyes falling onto Max, Dustin, Lucas, and a new lady, Erica.