Reconciling with the Past

As awkward and burdensome it appeared to wield, the long lance shot forth with precise accuracy, just barely missing its target's vital array of organs, and instead ricocheting against the floor. Had the subject been even an inch closer, would have resulted in immediate death.

Link, who promptly regained his footing following the jab, braced for another oncoming berate of attacks delivered by the assailant at hand. His already firm grip on the Master Sword only tightened, glued by sweat and blood.

Noticing that the constant tension was wearing down the Hylian Knight, the monstrosity before Link only served to shriek in a renewed childish excitement, like an infant who stumbled upon a new favorite toy. Thick veins bulging with malice throbbed violently across its distorted, irregular structure, hinting at another impeding attack in the process, a visual cue that proved to be necessary for surviving.

For Link, the brutal ordeal had taken this path for the past several hours, and the overwhelming stress and fatigue endured throughout was beginning to manifest their effects onto his health, from the quivering defensive stance to the red blood oozing from the grip on the battered Master Sword, his fingers continuously wailing in agony. Resisting any longer against such a formidable foe was becoming bleaker with each passing minute; soon, hopelessness will begin creeping in to shatter whatever confidence might have lingered in his broken body.

What a cursed turn of events....

No matter how destructive his own initial barrage of attacks seemed, the creature healed with minimal effort from them as if personally empowered by a dark force pulling strings in the background. At first, Link felt competent in keeping up with the unfair advantages set against him, but the constant turning of tides left his arms starving for a moment to rest, and the devious monster knew this as it continuously persisted to tire him till death. It was a facile victory in the eyes of the enemy.

Now, all he could hope for -if hoping was still feasible- was to muster any remaining strength left and hold out until aid would arrive... which would arrive, right? Surely they noticed that he was in desperate need of support by this point in time. Surely he wasn't forgotten...?

Within the blink of an eye, the Blight's spear-like weapon flew across the entire expanse of the room, giving Link no time to leap over or parry, which promoted him to instinctively plummet into the knee-deep water to avoid getting skewered -another harrowing dodge, although slightly unorthodox. This drastic response, however, was exactly what the creature had hoped for and immediately hurled a massive chunk of ice that had been prematurely summoned, aimed directly at the unsuspecting Hylian.

Fate had finally had its fill; he was caught lacking.

There wasn't sufficient time to dodge the massive projectile or fish for an arrow to destroy it as Link found himself taking the full force of the blow, sending him flying several yards into the metallic wall, his spine tingling in awkward pain, and his body tumbling down into the water like a rag doll. The surroundings spun in circles, his vision incapable of discerning up and down. For a brief moment, everything felt like a fever dream.

A throbbing groan slowly escaped Link's parched lips as he groped for the Master Sword in attempt to use as leverage to recover. His knees were practically begging to give up under the weight, trembling violently. Off to the side, the entrance to the chamber he was stranded in remained unchanged as from the first clash of the fight; sealed securely with enormous blobs of dark, putrid Malice, and in fact, only seemed to be reinforced now. Not even a single ray of light penetrated from the room beyond. All signs pointed to his confinement in here as an event that needed to occur. His untimely death was ultimately inevitable.