I was branded for life.

Unkwown Schoolmate #2: Hey, Jennie, why don't you ask Y/N to marry you?

School Girls [SINGING]: Jennie and Y/N sitting in a tree, K-l-S-S-l-N-G

My first year in town was a disaster. And the next three weren't much better. But finally, in the sixth grade, I took action. I hatched the plan.

Jennie: Kai. Kai, wait up.

Kai: Hi, Jennie.

I asked out Jongin Kim or mostly known in school as Kai.

Jennie: I was wondering if you wanted to go...

To fully appreciate the brilliance of this plan... you have to understand that Y/N hated Kai...though I never understood why.

Kai was nice, friendly and he had a...a nice smile?

Kai: At first, my mother wouldn't let me get my ears pierced, but I begged...

The idea was that Kai would eat with me...maybe we'd walk around together, and hopefully Y/N would lose interest.

Kai: But I still can't get the hoops till I'm 16.

Jennie: Oh, that's a shame.

Kai: So Chanyeol wanted to get his ears pierced, but of course his mother said no. So he threw a fit and smashed his Eminem Greatest Hits album...and he got grounded, so now he can't come to my pajama sleepover party.

Things were unfolding quite nicely.

Irene: What are you doing for your science project?

That is, until my supposed best friend, Irene Bae...took an interest in Kai herself.

Kai: I was thinking of showing how...

Irene: That's fascinating.

Loyalty gave way to desire and Irene, the turncoat...told Kai what I was up to.

Kai: Bitch.

Was what he said. He didn't take it well. Word got back to Y/N, and pretty soon the goo-goo eyes started again.

Only this time it was worse.

Y/N started sniffing me. That's right, sniffing me. What was that all about?

My only consolation was that next year would be different. Junior high, bigger school. Maybe we'd be in different classes and it would finally, finally be over.

-x-

Y/N's POV
The first day I met Jennie Kim, I flipped.

It was those eyes, something in those dazzling cat like eyes.

Y/N: You wanna push this one together?

Her family had just moved into the neighborhood...and I'd gone over to help them. I'd been in the van all of two minutes when her dad sent her off to help her mom.

I could see she didn't wanna go. So I chased after her to see if we could play a little before she got trapped inside. The next thing I know, she is holding my hand...and looking right into my eyes.

My heart stopped. Was this it? Would this be my first kiss? But then her mother came out.

Mrs. Kim: Well, hello.

And she was so embarrassed, her cheeks turned completely red. I went to bed that night thinking of the kiss that might have been.

I mean, it was clear she had feelings for me, but she was just too shy to show them. My mother said it was only natural. So I decided to help her out.