"This is just the main residence, there are many more," Gustang added.

"Why am I not surprised..." The woman muttered as she stared at the castle a distance before her from the the floating ship belonging to Po Bidau family head. She felt something shuffle next to her and notice the brunette handing her a pile of clothes.

"Here, change into this."

"What's wrong with my clothes?"

"You're trying not to catch any attention I assume? The clothes your wearing right now would certainly stand out", Gustang referred to her blouse and skirt that she always wore with a mid length black trench coat. "I did some research and it turns out the main branch is looking for a new maid/caretaker to help around the palace."

Lilia held up the articles of clothing given to her, it looked like a plain set of ruqun with a white top and black long skirt. She also noticed a thin white sash that didn't seem like it goes with the outfit. "What's the sash for?"

"Your eyes. He'll recognize you the moment he catches a glimpse of them."

"That is if he even sees me at all... Is this thin enough for me to see through?"

"Yes, it shouldn't affect your vision at all, but it should cover your eyes from the outside."

"Very well...", Lilia sighed as she quickly got changed in the small changing room she was referred to. Once she had discarded her old clothes, she stared longingly at herself in the mirror before putting the sash over her eyes.

"Well don't you look excited", Gustang remarked as he noticed she was done. Lilia stayed quiet and didn't even shift her gaze from the mirror. 

"I get it, you're nervous. But it's too late to back out now-"

"I'm not backing out Gustang. You don't need to worry about that," Lilia snapped, but then caught herself before she could say more. "Sorry... It was rude of me to snap at you, especially when you're helping me out."

The man sighed as he entered the changing room and joined her in front of the mirror. He stared at the reflection of Lilia's longing face in the mirror. Her eyes were indeed very beautiful, it was hard to pull away. As expected from the most beautiful woman in the Tower.

It's hard to say whether Eduan lucked out or not, as beauty can be a double edged sword.

"It's alright... Care to tell me what's bothering you?"

"Wow, since when did you care?"

Gustang sighed. "Of course I do... we're friends."

"Friends?" Lilia almost wanted to laugh but held herself back. Gustang almost rarely referred to anyone as a friend. She suppose she must feel honored.

"Yes, now tell me before I change my mind."

The noirette smiled before looking down at her feet. The reason for her sorrow flooding back.

"I know I always appear to brush it off, but it did hurt to see him take so many wives, have so many children..."

"..."

"It made me feel like I was that replaceable. You know?"

The man frowned at the self deprecating statement. It was no surprise Lilia felt that way, but he was surprised it took her that long to admit it. "Personally, I don't think you should see it that way."

"Hm?"

"I'm not defending that scum by all means. That man is lower than scum. But I don't think you should think of him taking so many wives now means he has replaced you. He's just... compensating. It took that bastard a thousand years after your death to even spare a glance at another woman. And even when he did, it was never the same way he looked at you-"

Gustang cut himself off mid ramble when he heard Lilia chuckle, causing him to blush lightly from embarrassment. "What's so funny?"

"Sorry, it's just I've never seen you get worked up over something like this," Lilia smiled. "But thank you Gustang, it's something in the past, I'll get over it eventually."

"Trust me, you will once you've seen what he become."

Lilia gulped as she put the sash over her eyes, finalizing her disguise for the infiltration. "Is it as bad as they say?"

"The old Khun Eduan no longer exists. The last remnant of his old self was in the data world that was deleted forever."

"Lord Gustang, we are ready for landing" the captain of the ship announced from the speaker.

"Whatever you do, don't let him find out who you are," Gustang continued as Lilia felt the door to the ship open.

"Is it that bad?"

"Khun Eduan is no longer the same man he once was. I couldn't guarantee your safety if he find you. Be careful."

The woman tensed up at the statement. Gustang knew yet he chose to send her to the lion's den. But it was too late as she felt the light from the door consume her.

"GUSTANG YOU F*CKING BASTARD."