Chapter 1

Red son had been working on a new line of bull clones, wanting to get it over with before the end of the month. He was halfway done and was feeling a little drowsy but he could fight through it and finish these bots before midnight!‌ ‌He‌ ‌didn't want to seem like he was wasting time or procrastinating, but he also didn't want to appear overworked and worry his parents. Red son didn't have time to be lectured about his health again, he didn't have the time to be smothered by their concerns, he can get this done! Fortunately, he's managed to make it automated and have bull clones be made more efficiently, but he didn't seem to trust himself and stuck with the machine and continue doing his part of processing the robots correctly.

"You could always continue tomorrow," A voice said, and like usual, it was his mother. He turned around and looked up at her, "But I can finish it now!" Red son insisted. Princess Iron Fan looked down and sighed, "No, you should sleep."  Red son turned back around, picking his words carefully. "Please mother, just a few more minutes at least?" He asked reassuringly, trying his best to convince his mother that he'll be okay. He looked over his shoulder toward PIF, "Fine. 30 more minutes, but it's curfew after that," she answered, she walked over and kissed Red son on the forehead before leaving the room. Red smiled as he continued his work. 

It's been a few minutes by now, not reached 30 yet but he couldn't help but feel a little rushed even though he wasn't, it was his anxiety telling him to keep continuing. But it was true, he could sleep and continue tomorrow, he still had a few more weeks! If Red wanted to he could make another batch next week! Besides, the more he thought about the more unlikely he could finish the rest all in one night, it's impossible. Just let the machine keep running and he can sleep, a few fractions are already finished! But... That would be rather noisy and power-consuming. "Ugh, if I keep second-guessing myself I'm never gonna finish these bots," Red scowled himself. He groaned, facepalming while he dropped onto his chair. "Mother's right, I should get some sleep," He sighed, hoping that he could get more progress done, but his chances would be close to nothing if he continued like this. "I still have 17 minutes left, I can do something to pass the time," Red ponders, not having much in mind but to fidget with his Yoshimoto cube. "I could get something to eat," a thought comes to him, figuring that it's the most best and realistic option. Red turns off his machine, cleaning up his lab before walking over to the kitchen. He didn't know what exactly the time was, but he made sure to keep quiet in hopes of not waking his parents up. He got himself some leftovers and took them to his room, heating it all with his fire abilities once he got there. "Tsk..." Red son winced, looking at his finger confused, he'd suspected that he'd somehow accidentally cut himself, but it was a burn mark. "That- That isn't supposed to happen?" Red son got up and wrapped it with a bandage, he didn't think much of it. Maybe it's purely accidental, but it's still highly irregular. "I still got a few minutes, I suppose I could watch some TV," he says absentmindedly as he turns the TV on and greeted with the Noodle boy's face on there, Red son groans, annoyed about how popular the thief is, but a part of him is impressed with how quickly the noodle brain improved. "How do you do it?" He says under his breath, taking a few bites out of his meal while he continued switching channels, settling on a cooking show.

A few minutes have passed and Red son has finished his food, he notices that he's about hit his 30-minute mark, finding that he should get to bed pretty soon now. He throws away his dish and turns the TV off, he lays there on his bed in his dark room, a part of him is still wondering about the whole burn mark on his finger and finds it rather trivial, he's been alive for quite a while and he doesn't understand why his fire would act like that on him, he's great at this sort of thing! Red feels like he should test his fire out again, see if the same thing will happen or not, but he's afraid that it will happen again and get a worse burn than before. He sighs and forces himself to push it off until tomorrow. After 20 more minutes he finally manages to go to sleep, his mind is empty, still uneased about his fire.