16. What we desire

Start from the beginning

"So find it again" Stiles said in a stern tone.

"What do you smell down here Stiles?" Theo asked trying to concentrate on getting Lydia's scent back. "Chemicals and fecal matter, but although I'm pretty sure that the Fecal matter is you." Stiles answered which Theo turned his head to look at Stiles with a small smile but then turned his head back around towards the pipes pressing his ear up against it "I smell it too. It's all that I can smell which is why I'm trying something else so can you please shut up and let me concentrate."

Stiles shook his head clearly just fed up with Theo before starting to walk away "I'll find her." Avery sighed before following him which Theo followed him as well so they were both walking together "you know you won't Stiles, you have to trust me."

Stiles stopped walking and spun around "trust you? The guy who murdered his own sister when he was nine?

"Yeah I was nine years old. I also believed that a guy in a red suit came down the chimney to deliver presents. So when three people in leather masks showed up and said that my sister wanted me to have her heart, I believed them too" Theo defended himself which Avery just leant up against a wall with folded arms listening to him carefully. "So then together you gutted and killed her. That's a beautiful Story" Stiles said.

"I watched her fall in the water and freeze to death in minutes. Do you think I had any idea what was going on?" Theo asked and now Avery was going out of her mind. Lydia could be getting tortured right now and there not even looking for her because there too busy arguing. "I think you pushed her, And I think you liked it" Stiles answered taking a step towards Theo.

"Will you two stop already?!" Avery yelled which earned both of them to stop arguing and to look at her surprised by her sudden raised voice. "Lydia is in trouble and you two are doing nothing to help her! I might as well just go on my own!" As Avery finished her sentence a loud ear piercing scream was heard making them all turn to try and locate where it was coming from. "Theo where was that coming from?" Avery asked turning to look at the boy "everywhere" he answered looking up to Avery.

~

They had decided to split up so now Avery was running as fast as she could through the tunnels yelling out Lydia's name. Avery was getting tired of how much she had ran but she continued to run because as long as she found lydia then it made up for the fact that Avery was losing her breath. Avery bolted around a corner but banged up against something making her fall back onto her but. Avery grunted as she landed and when she looked up she saw Theo looking down at her with raised eyebrows. "Before you say anything Yes I wasn't looking where I was going, but you also were walking slow so it's not my fault" Avery ranted still on the ground but leant on her elbows looking up at Theo.

Theo shook his head lowly with a small smile before stepping towards her planting his feet on either side of her legs and letting his hand move towards her so that he had his hand out to her. Avery's eyes fell onto his hand before looking back up to him as she slowly placed her hand in his. Theo pulled her back up to her feet but when she got to her original height she felt Theo's hair that spiked up brushing against her forehead so she looked up from the ground meeting Theo's eyes. "Your welcome" he whispered letting his eyes glance down to her lips before stepping away from her, and letting go of Avery's soft hand which left Avery with an open mouth.

Avery shook her head trying to ignore how close they were a second ago and how badly she wanted to push forward so that there lips connected. "Yeah thanks."