16. What we desire

Start from the beginning

Avery bent down to grab her bow and once it was in her grip she ran back to the open gate where Valack was now dragging Lydia away from so when Avery skidded to where they where going out another door Avery lifted her bow up and shot an arrow into Valacks shoulder before he shut the door. Stiles pushed Corey off of him and ran towards the door before starting to bang on it calling out Lydia's name. "Let me try" Theo spoke so Stiles got out the way and immediately Theo's foot came in contact with the door making it fly off its hinges. Stiles and Avery shared a look before running through the doorway and down the hallway. "Your not gonna find her without me!" Theo yelled out to the two which Avery just ignored him and continued to run.

They both ran until they heard Theo's voice right behind them "Avery, Stiles" Avery and Stiles turned around to see Theo which Stiles rolled his eyes getting annoyed with the Raeken boy. "I want her out of here too, I've got her scent"

"What do you want?" Stiles asked while Avery just kept silent not really wanting to talk at all. "What's the difference? I can find her, you can't" Theo replied back but then his eyes moved up to an opened window that had fog coming out of it. Theo walked around towards a door which Avery shrugged when Stiles looked to her for an answer if they should follow him or not so the two decided to follow him knowing that Theo could find her. Theo opened the door revealing a shower room filled with boys that were curled up in balls with towels wrapped around there torsos so that they were covered. Avery squinted as she looked around confused to why they were acting like the way that they were but then she realised that they were scared, scared that Avery and the two boys that were walking in front of her were going to hurt them.

Theo ignored there terrified eyes that stared up at them and strode over towards a boy before placing a hand on his back and shoving him out the way revealing a large sewer grate. They all crouched down beside it peering down into the abyss but Avery didn't notice that her hand was brushing up against Theo's leg making him turn to look at her which than feeling eyes on her she turned to see Theo who motioned with his head to her hand so when she looked down she saw her hand brushing up against his thigh and so immediately she retracted her hand whispering a small sorry.

Theo turned back to the sewer grate and asked "it leads to the tunnels doesn't it?" Stiles nodded slightly still keeping his eyes glued to the sewer grate not noticing what had just happened between Avery and Theo. "There's miles of them, they could be anywhere by now."

Avery moved her gaze back onto Theo "can you do the honours and use your big boy muscles to open it?" Theo smiled slightly and nodded so both Stiles and Avery got out the way so that Theo could open it. He grunted as he lifted it up before pushing it away. Avery clapped her hands together happily as she walked back over to the opening "I'm going first."

Theo shook his head as he took a step in front of Avery "I know that seems like a great idea to you but you could get hurt."

"Theo, Lydia is in trouble and I promised my sister that I would do everything to make sure that she wouldn't get hurt, so if you don't mind, get out my way" Avery said taking a step forward towards Theo so that there faces were millimeters away. Theo stared into her eyes with a stern expression but then shook his head as he got out her way "just be careful."

~

The three were now walking in the tunnels but then Theo stopped and moved his head towards one of the pipes. "I thought you had her scent" Stiles said as he watched Theo's every move cautiously. "I lost it" Theo replied back making Avery groan "Of course you did."