C H A P T E R - S I X

Start from the beginning

"Did you shoot her?" I shout at An and her jaw drops open quickly.

"No!" An screeches. "She aimed for me! She's not even hurt!" I ignore the blood falling from her shoulder, Fabio takes her away once he realizes.

"What the fuck is going on?" Marcello mumbles.

Enzo kneels beside Ellie too. I hold Ellie to me, trying to figure out what's wrong. Was it the sound of the gun? Did it scare her?

Suddenly, Ellie screams, it sounds agonizing. I panic, trying to get her to focus on me. She cries out again, it looks like someone's torturing her but no one has a hand on her but me.

I can't breathe. I don't know what's happening.

The worst feeling when your a father is knowing your kid is in pain but you can't do anything to stop it. Helpless.

"Ellie!" I shout in fear. "What's wrong?" My voice breaks against my will. Tears are begging to be shed. I'm barely holding myself together.

I can't lose her. I just got her back.

She doesn't stop crying out in pain. I pull her hair back to see why she's covering her ears. Blood trickles down from her ears. Shit, shit, shit.

"Call Carlo! Someone fucking call that bastard!" I shout at everyone. To anyone. He's the only one I trust enough to work on Ellie. He'll help me.

Enzo helps me lift Ellie up. We start taking her downstairs, when we reach the last floor, Ellie spits up blood. My heart shrivels, aching. I can feel my pulse everywhere.

I grab Ellie into my arms and Enzo runs to start the car. I run behind, holding Ellie as tight as I can.

"It's going to be okay Ellie." I say, my voice cracking. "I promise you're going to be okay."

• • •

"She's stable."

It feels like a thousand pound weight just released me. Thank fuck.

"Thank you Carlo." I say breathlessly. "Where is she? I need to see her." I stand. I see the hesitant look on Carlo's face and freeze. "What is it? What's wrong? Is she not okay?" I press on, my nerves slamming through me.

"I fear that.. someone might have placed..," Carlo trails off unsure if he should continue.

"What, Carlo!?"

"There is a chip.. behind her ear. A new piece of technology, I've never seen it made so small before. It records what someone hears and it can speak to the person who wears the chip. It's connected to her brain and the inside of her ear drum."

"What the fuck is he talking about?" Enzo looks to me. "What the fuck are you taking about!?" He directs hisself to Carlo.

I'm ready to fucking rip someone's head off.

"Take it out, Carlo. Why is it still in her fucking head?" I grit out.

"We can't. At least not until we understand it better. The way it's connected to her head, I don't know how much damage it can do."