It was not long until she found something else to fuss over. But, I was thankful that she had quickly regained her rightful confidence.

"What is that?" Annora sniffed the surrounding air with an accompanying twitch of her nose, her snout picking up even the lightest of scents. She smoothed my unruly hair to the side, dodging the top curve of my left ear, and revealed the nearly forgotten injury. "Miss Luna!"

"Oh, about that," I let out a soft chuckle, "I guess I'll have to start sleeping on my right side for the time being?"

Annora gasped at the sight. And, I was grateful that I hadn't yet seen the aftermath. Yet. Her eyes glazed over with a milky hue, the blue dissolving into what resembled a painting of a lake. Mind-linking. It was a pack trait that I often envied, mostly because phone bills can be an annoying cost, however, the sight of Annora glaring holes into the wall assured me that I would not want to be at the end of that conversation. "That animal!" She exclaimed with a burning glare, "Why, I have never seen such a poorly done bandage job!"

There goes Morpheus' patchwork.

In what felt like seconds, Annora had already raced across the room, rummaging through various spots. But, that was not all, as I even watched her escape to the adjoined hallway. After she roamed elsewhere, her whereabouts were unknown, but she came back with full arms that proved to me that she was definitely working on overdrive. It seemed as though she grabbed everything that she could get her hands on—bandages, ointment, saline, you name it.

"What is this?" Annora muttered to herself, picking at the makeshift dressing and silently insulting Morpheus' attempt at designing a temporary covering. That was not his first suggestion. It was his last. Vakerie was trustworthy, but there was no way that I would use Morpheus' blood to heal something regarding my body without a needle and a syringe. The mate bond heals, they say, but my tastebuds weren't quite ready. Would they ever really be? It was hard to tell.

I thought back to how Morpheus ripped away at his shirt for me, tearing off various pieces to both mend my wound and wipe my mouth clean of disgust. Grinning cheekily, I joked and snorted, "He was naked by the end of it."

"Miss Luna!" She scolded me with a girlish giggle, unable to avoid my antic. I revelled in the succour that Annora openly gave—the motherly instincts, the childlike friendship, the cheerful sisterhood.

We laughed as she tended to my ear. The process hurt, a lot, but the majority of my body already felt numb. Annora firstly removed the remains of Morpheus' shirt, and then began to sterilize the wound with a pre-made mixture of salt and lukewarm water. It was relaxing as she ran a steady line of liquid over my ear and let it dribble down into a cloth. She lightly dabbed it dry once my ear was rinsed twice. There was a faint sting, but it eventually dissolved into a vague tingle after she smudged both an oil and a cream into the surrounding skin. It was unexpected, kind of, but she soon pulled out a few tools that were hidden beneath the bundle of gauze. Fortunately, I only felt the actual pressure of the suture and the distinctive pattern of stitching. Annora had a gentle touch, so meek that I was almost unaware of her actions, but I knew it was done when I felt her slather a skillfully crafted ointment over it. The mild, unrecognizable scent tickled my nose. And, she finished it off by wrapping a fresh bandage over the ear.

The morrow is when I would visit the pack's healers, but Annora's skills were good enough for me to get through the night.

"It's like-" my fingertips lingered over Annora's work, "-nothing happened in the first place."