"I know.", Sean answered out of breath. "Maybe Trish could watch them tonight after we put them to bed. We could have dinner or just a walk. Or both. Lola is probably pretty happy to have you back on walks.", Sean grinned. "And after we could just... go to bed?", he grinned.

"Deal. I will ask her.", Lana chuckled before finally making her way to the car. "See you later and have a great day.", Lana smirked over her shoulder to Sean, before closing the front door.

*****

"I am nervous...", Lana confessed when she was sitting in the examination room, gladly not alone this time. "What if-"

"Ah ah ah. No negative thoughts. Everything will be alright. Your baby is going to be fine and when this doctor is mentioning your age just once in an inappropriate context, I swear to God...", Trish said calmly but strong willed, which made Lana chuckle.

A chuckle that died when the door opened, revealing the complete opposite of the elderly lady Lana had the day before. The blonde woman in the door frame almost looked too young to be a real doctor yet but at least a comforting smile was plastered over her face.

"Good afternoon. I am happy to see you.", she said, giving Lana and Trish her hand. "I am Dr. Tremblay.", she introduced herself in the most common Canadian way, taking a seat across from them.

"The appointment must have been pretty urgent.", she slightly laughed. "I am glad that I could squeeze you in.", the woman smiled.
"Lana Parrilla. Is that right?", She questioned, looking at her computer to reassure herself that she had the right file open.

"Yeah... that's me. I am sorry about all the chaos. I had an appointment yesterday but... the doctor was very... unprofessional.", she said with a nervous smile.

"That's alright. I am sorry about that. Unfortunately, some people in the business are not open to the 'new' expression of different partnerships.", she smiled, looking between Lana and Trish.

"Oh... no no... wait. We're not a couple if you mean that.", Trish laughed. "Even though we behave like one sometimes..but no... that's my best friend and she is pregnant."

"...according to two tests.", Lana added.

"I see. Sorry for the assumptions.", she smiled. "So I guess this is your first check-up on the pregnancy?", the doctor asked.

"Yes... exactly... and I also got quite some questions...because of my age...", Lana confessed.

"Oh don't worry. Of course, we will go through that.", the doctor said, looking up from her computer again. "Okay... So when did you have your last menstrual period?", the young woman asked.

"It must have been around... 9 weeks now. I just collapsed last Sunday and paramedics said I should consider a pregnancy test after everything they heard about me.", Lana said. "They think my last period wasn't actually a period... they called it...ehm...-"

"Implantation bleeding?"

"Yes. Exactly. So if I ignore that... It must be around 9 weeks now since my last period ended.", Lana confessed.

"Alright. That means you're most likely around 7 weeks, according to ovulation but I will have a look at that in a second.", the doctor smiled. "There is just some general information I would need to know but I will ask you during the examination.", she told them. "Since you are approximately under the tenth week of pregnancy, the most secure way is a transvaginal ultrasound. For that, I would need you to take your bottom clothes off, please. You can sit down over here when you finish and use the cover if wanted. I will be right back, I just need to grab some new gloves since someone placed the wrong size here.", she chuckled.