20| Hope Or Torture

Start from the beginning

She was about to check Lana's pulse when the woman's eyes slowly opened again, adjusting to the bright light and completely without any orientation.

"Hey.", the nurse said with a small smile. "It's alright. You probably just fainted. We're gonna roll you on your back for a second and put your legs up, okay?", She explained, whilst doing exactly what she just said. 

"I wanna get up.", Lana said straight away, something that wasn't unusual for patients like her since they were completely irritated most of the time and laying on the ground feels naturally uneasy. She tried to stand up but Bex pushed her down gently. 

"Stay. Just in case. Do what she is saying, okay?", She pleaded, whilst holding Lana's hand. She was more than confused about how she ended up here on the floor. Her pain was gone, but so was basically her whole memory since she stood up from her chair to walk over to Rebecca. Her mind was overloaded with information but empty at the same time. More and more memories floated back to her mind but were still blurry and incomplete.

The paramedics arrived just a couple of seconds later, so while Lana was still forced to regain her full conscience, the nurse explained to them what happened and what she had recognized from her short observation. 

"Alright. Thank you. We will take her.", a blond tall man said, turning himself to Lana to explain the next steps. 

"No. Wait. I don't wanna go to a hospital. I am fine again.", she argued. "I will sit down and will be good in ten minutes.", she said, almost crying since her emotions took over her body in addition to all the attention that was drawn to her right now. All the voices around her. The chatting and people, even with security holding fans back, to give her more privacy.

"Let us have a closer look at you and we will see.", he answered, before helping her up. 

"I can walk by myself.", Lana huffed, making Bex send a warning look over to her. 

"Lana Maria Parrilla. Be nice.", Rebecca said. "Sorry. She hasn't got good experience with doctors. Makes her quite stubborn around medical-related people.", she confessed. "Can I come with her?"

"No!", Lana said straight away. "You need to sign those autographs!"

"Your health is more important to me than signing autographs. Honestly. Don't be ridiculous!", Bex fired back straight away but Lana was not going to stop just here.

"l know. But… please… I don't want to let people down.", she almost sobbed. "Stay here. Please. At least they will have you here and I try and be back.", she pleaded, making Bex sigh out in frustration.

"Okay, I'll stay. But only if you're willing to let those people help you. And if anything is getting worse, give me a call.", she said, giving the paramedics her number. "Now go with them.", Bex said. 

"I will.", Lana sighed, following the two people in uniform into a small room that was provided for emergencies, making her sit down on a kind of improvised examination table, trying to not be as stubborn as she usually was with paramedics. 

"Did this happen before?", the blond guy asked, already preparing Lana's arm to measure her blood pressure. 

"Not recently. No. When I was younger like one or two times. But it's nothing regular.", Lana said, trying to relax by closing her eyes a little.

"Alright. Just keep breathing for a moment, so we can get the correct measurements.", he said, waiting for the machine to pump up before slowly tightening around Lana's arm. "Are you taking any regular medication? Any hormonal Birth control?", he asked furthermore. 

"No… nothing. I just took some painkillers this morning since I wasn't feeling well. But normally I try to avoid any kind of medication. Except for my asthma. But I am okay without any pills normally, since daily breathing treatment is quite effective for me.", Lana confessed.