18| Forever Together

Start from the beginning

"This…", Lana said, holding up the paper in her hands "This is just an addition and extra proof for the government. But that's not what matters, even though it feels very good to know that you trust me enough. Thank you, boys…and Amélie. But I guess she doesn't understand yet.", Lana chuckled. 

"That means you're going to be our forever mummy?", Leo grinned exceedingly. 

"As long as I will be on this earth and much longer beyond. I promise.", Lana said with a smile, kissing them all again before joining the nicely prepared breakfast table. 

And since it was already quite time for some food, she couldn't help herself, loading all kinds of stuff on her plate like she was at a buffet. Something which didn't fit into her usual healthy lifestyle, but the last couple of weeks consistent out of cheat-days anyway with all the traveling they did and restaurants they visited.

"You know... The food is not running away. You don't have to put everything on your plate at once.", Sean chuckled amused.

"I know... I am just REALLY hungry.", Lana confessed.

"Take at least an extra plate. Don't put the breakfast sausage on your waffle.", Sean frowned.

"Some people are eating it like that. That's how they would serve it in any diner.", Lana argued.

"Yeah but you're not 'some people'. You sure you wanna eat it like that?", he frowned since Lana normally had quite a high standard when it comes to her food.

"Let me try. If it's disgusting, I will leave it.", Lana said with a huge grin, making Sean look at her quite irritated since she  didn't even enjoy the sausages for breakfast.

"Want some baked beans too, to fulfill your halve English breakfast?", he teased.

"Bahhh!! No. Not in a million years.", Lana said, which made Amèlie laugh since everyone knew that baked beans and Lana were not getting along.

"Mummy!", their daughter said with a smirk, holding up her bowl with beans for Lana to have some. Since Lana scrunched up her face immediately, everyone couldn't hold in their laughter.

"Try!", Flynn encouraged her. "You never eat them."

"Yeah, and there is a reason for that. Now stop teasing me with them!", Lana laughed. "You're cruel. The smell is not bearable!", she argued, making everyone laugh again

*****

"We arrive at my mother's house in 5 minutes.", Lana announced, looking into the mirror to see their children. "Is everyone ready and excited?", She asked with a grin. 

"No I am more hungry.", Leo confessed, making Sean and Lana chuckle. 

"I already texted her that. She made some pasta for all of us, ready to be eaten when we arrived. Flynn, are you all good?", She continued asking, getting a nod from their oldest. 

"When she is your mama, is she our grandma then?", he questioned curiously. 

"Ehm… if you wanna call her grandma, she would be very honored I think. But you can call her Dee, if you want. What would you prefer?" 

"Grandma…", Flynn said with a smile. 

"All good then.", Lana grinned. "Sean, are you okay as well?", She laughed since the woman could tell that he was a bit nervous, gently rubbing over his legs when they reached the driveway. "No worries. The kids will save you from funny questions. At least until they go to bed.", Lana grinned apologizing, whilst Sean's eyes just went bigger. 

"Alright. We are here.", the woman announced happily, jumping outside the car with a wide smile on her lips. "I love it here.", she confessed, with a long sigh, before helping Amélie out of the car.