Chapter XXI: Day Four Pt 4

Comenzar desde el principio

"You need this Dream.."

Brena left the bathroom only to run into the Slytherin boy she was heading to meet

Brena left the bathroom only to run into the Slytherin boy she was heading to meet. Severus grabbed her shoulders, steadying the small girl.

"Are you alright?" He questioned as he released her shoulders. Brena let out a sigh, nodding.

"I'm fine-" He looked behind her, as if expecting someone else to come out of the bathroom.

"Who was in there with you? You were arguing..." He questioned. A glint of suspicion in his dark eyes.

"Myself." She answered simply. Snape obviously didn't believe her. But he tightened his lip into a thin line and nodded.

"Let's get this over with. I'm not missing class." He stated and started to walk away. Brena rolled her eyes before following after him. They ended up in the library rather quickly. Severus taking long strides and Brena rushing to keep up with him. "So, what is it you need my help with?" Severus questioned as they sat at a table. Brena pulled out her notebook and slid it over to him.

Severus let out a sigh of annoyance, opening the notebook to the first page and scanning over the contents. Eyebrows furrowed into a straight line of calculation. The formula of the process running through his head visibly.

"You're working on a cure? For that Lupin guy?" Severus asked as he flipped the pages.

"For my brother." Brena corrected. "Although, Remus volunteered to be my Guinea pig." She quirked. Severus looked up at her, unimpressed.

"Have you tried this?" He asked as his eyes looked over the actual instructions. Brena nodded.

"It's missing something. I can't piece it together though." Snape nodded in thought. His eyes scanning the pages. He reached over, grabbing the pen. His eyes looking at it for a moment. He's seen one before because of Lily, but never used it. Without a second thought, he began to write into the notebook. Not saying anything.

Brena huffed, leaning over to see what he was writing. It was some kind of formula. Math and such.

"You wrote down earlier about a muggle way... Explain." Severus demanded. Brena let out a small laugh at his non-caring exterior.

"The muggles use Vaccines to prevent illnesses. It's been proven that injecting the person with a deactivated virus builds the immune system. But I don't think-"

"Have you tried it?" He interrupted. Brena furrowed her brows, not understanding. Severus looked up seeing her confusion and sighing. "Maybe using Lupids blood. It has the curse in it, correct? Perhaps adding his blood to the potion will get it to the proper element. Like personalizing it." Snape explained. Brena nodded, processing the information. "Of course, you would have to get the blood from him when he is transformed."

"That's the easy part. The hard part is convincing the others not to freak out when I try." Brena joked. Snape looked at her. His facial expression seeming to show sympathy for her.