Chapter XXI: Day Four Pt 4

Brena rushed into the bathroom that was always empty

Brena rushed into the bathroom that was always empty. Most students didn't use this bathroom for the fact that Moaning Myrtle didn't believe in privacy. It was always dimmed in lighting, like something out of a horror movie in the eyes of Brena Willard. Some would say it was because the bathroom was literally haunted. But Brena would say that the bathroom held hauntings of the future.

"Talvi??" Brena questioned as she looked into the mirror, her hands on the sink and gripping it tightly. The reflection moved with hers until a smirk stretched across her face that she didn't hold as well.

"Long time, sis." Talvi spoke with much sarcasm. She didn't seem upset, but stressed. "I see you've been busy." She pointed out as her hand lifted and moved her hair to the side, revealing the dark bruises on her pale complexion. "A Slytherin and a Gryffindor? How scandalous." Brena let out a sigh of annoyance.

"I didn't ask for them to start yanking me into rooms and snogging." Talvi laughed, genuinely.

"But you also didn't fight it. Face it, sis. You like them." She told her sister.

"I do." Brena admitted for once. "But it's only flings. Until I leave." Talvi frowned, shaking her head at her younger sister.

"I don't get why you would want this all gone. I heard you tell that older guy that you wanted to be Obliviated. You are a Witch now, Brenny. Even if I'm gone- that doesn't change-"

"I'm not a witch." Brena told her sternly. "My magic is only your magic. Witches are born, not made." Brena said with a frown etched into her mouth. Talvi frowned further, not understanding her sister.

"But my magic might have awaken yours. I don't get why you are so against this."

"Because it isn't logical!" Brena snapped. "This world- this place.. it's all a perfect fantasy. A dream to keep buried deep. I have obligations. Phineas will need me there for him."

"What about you? Or Sirius? Or Regulus? Hell I even think James Potter is going for you." Talvi ranted, listing the names of the boys who have shown interest in her. "You can't just abandon this life, Brenny. I know you care for Phineas- but there are always options."

"So what? Abandon him like you abandoned me?" Brena questioned in a small voice. Talvi's eyes softened, guilt evident in her eyes. But to Brena, it only looked like she was guilty. Talvi didn't look like Brena when she was alive. They were complete opposites. Talvi with her short blonde bob of hair, blue eyes- Brena was nothing in comparison. At least in her dark brown eyes.

"I didn't- Brena.. I'm sorry. I never meant-"

"I know. I know. But I'm not doing it to Phineas. He deserves more. He deserves to live without the memory of being in the same home as Greyback. Or the memory of losing his only family. If I stayed here- it'd be like he was abandoned all over again. I'm not doing that to him." Brena told her older sister. "Now... I need to go meet with Severus. Fix this potion and get the hell out of this dream." Brena grabbed her bag, moving to leave the bathroom, hearing Talvi in the reflection-