Schemer of the Scalding Sands

Start from the beginning

(A/n: Just like Kanao in the second season.)

"O-Of all the ridiculous...I mean, no, I couldn't possible ask you to..." The black haired male said.

The white haired male's eyes widen, "Oh...Ooh...Oooh! That's brilliant!" He exclaimed, grinning, "I've been thinking for ages about how I wish I could make Jamil's job easier!"

"Your compassion is a touching thing to behold, Kalim-san." The teal haired male said, before smiling, "Would that Azul could take a page from your book."

Azul let out a sarcastic laugh, "You just had to get in a dig, didn't you, Jade?" He said, eyeing the male, before looking at the other male, smiling, "Anyway, allow us to handle matters here. You can kick back and take it easy, Jamil-san."

"By all means, take them up on it, Jamil! This is great for you!" The white haired male said, grinning.

Jade gently pushed Jamil, "Run along now, Jamil. Go back to your room and catch up on your sleep." He said, then pushed the male out the door, closing it.

"What in the world is going on here?" Jamil said, eyes widen as he stared at the closed door, then looked down the hall, "I can't just rest. I'd better at least see to breakfast..." He said.

-----

"Hey, minnow. That ain't been seasoned yet, so don't run it out." Floyd said, pointing it out for the male.

"S-Sorry, sir!"

"The vegetables in the oven are done."

"Those are already dressed, so plate 'em and get 'em on the table." The teal haired male said.

Jamil's eyes widen as he entered the lounge, "B-Breakfast is already made?!" He exclaimed, before turning to the male, "Did you do this, Floyd?"

"G'morning, Sea Snake! Yup, me 'n the minnows took care of it. Azul was goin' on about how much he wanted to help you."

"But...But I can't put our guests to work."

"We ain't exactly guests, remember? We're trainin' buddies."

"But Kalim can only eat food prepared by me. It could be poisoned."

The male slightly frowned, "That's an even more unbalanced diet than what I eat. And I ain't poisoned anything here, by the way. If you don't trust me, test it yourself. If it gets Jamil's Poison-Free Seal of Approval, I'm sure Sea Otter will eat it right up."

"You have a point, but still..."

"Vice Housewarden, could you taste-test these grilled vegetables?"

"I think this soup came out nicely. What do you think, sir?"

The Scarabia students said, holding out some food for the make to taste-test.

"Rgh...Fine. I'll test them all myself." He said, nodding, "Actually, are we prepared for our morning oasis trek? Usually, breakfast come after the march."

"Ah, about that. As housewarden of Octavinelle...I've given my fellow housewarden Kalim-san an alternate proposal." Azul said, appearing behind the male with a smile.

Jamil jumped, startled, "Wh...What?! You can't just do that!"

"Rather than aerobic exorcise like a long-range walking...You'll see far greater gains in strength and stamina from proper indoor weight training. Scarabia's desert is terribly hot place, you know. We wouldn't want to risk anyone getting heatstroke."

"In fact, there's a huge fountain in the courtyard. If you wanna build stamina, how about swimmin' in that? It'd be more fun, too." Floyd said.

"Agreed. I can tell you from experience that swimming is a far better way to burn fat than walking."