Snapped - Chapter 2

Kat grabbed her ipad, and left starbucks. As she walked out of the glass automatic door, she looked immediately at Macy's. There was a sale. Struggling to run in her heels, she turned to walk. There was fair amount of people there. What caught her eye was the new rouge Coco Shine collection by Chanel. Berry red lips were so on the catwalk. Just what Kate needed to relax a little.

***

In the mirror of her bathroom, Kate was trying out her 'berry red lips', to see if they were any good. In fact they looked amazing. Add a sweep of blusher, a flick of eyeliner, and lashes of mascara, and the look was good to go for a day of shopping at Saks Fifth Avenue. 

The apartment Kate had brought was neat and tidy, crisp and clean, and modern, but oozed that bit of chic vogue that lay within a New York City girl's primarily stylish heart. In the lounge, there were black leather sofa's, mixed with electronic blinds, and a smart sharp kitchen on the side. In her bedroom, there were many vintage pictures and posters, not to mention her collection of vintage clothes hung on the side. The walls were painted a cream/nude colour, with one wall of tea green wallpaper. 

The door bell rang all of a sudden, but Kate already knew that is would be her best friend Jennifer. Kate slowly opened the door to reveal a glowing Jennifer.

"Hey Jen! Your skin is glowing!" Said Kate looking rather happy.

"All part of my new skin care regime darling. So how did the interview go?" Asked Jennifer.

"Okay I hope. I will find out in a few days if I got the job or not." Replied Kate, looking anxious.

"Cool honey. How's your boyfriend Chris?" Kate immediately blushed. Talking about her boyfriend always made her embarrassed as Jennifer was always teasing her about how 'loved up' her and Chris were. 

"Ummm. Chris is fine. Yeah fine. Come in and take a seat. I'll make you some coffee." With that Jennifer sat down on the black leather sofa. She had her back straight, part of her posture 'regime'. Jennifer was a fashionista, just like Kate. They grew up together looking at Jennifer's mothers Chic Magazine copies, picking out their favourite outfits. Today Jennifer was wearing D&G black skinny jeans with a signature black and white stripy Chanel tank top and black blazer. Today, she was wearing her peep toe Guess heels. For her make-up, Jennifer like to keep it simple, but cool. One flick of eyeliner, and bright red lips were a winner for Jennifer. 

"I love this new collection by Oscar de la Renta. How about you Kate?" Jennifer asked, her eyes set upon this LBD by de la Renta. 

"It's amazing Jen! I would buy it, but I am setting a budget till I get the job. It would look great on you. Buy it Jen." Kate's eyes gleamed in the artificial light. She so badly wanted to get the job so she could carry on buying her designer items. 

"Let's go to 'La Nourriture'. That fancy new restaurant that's opened. By the way that's french for the food Kate."

"Yeah, I figured. Let me get ready, then we'll go." Kate hurried into her room, and found something smart to wear. Her Miu Miu peter pan collar dress and Jimmy Choo stilleto's and bag would have to do. She sweeped up her hair in a clean high ponytail, then went to the lounge. 

"Ready Jen." Jennifer looked at Kate before saying.

"Tres agreable. Very nice Kate." Kate smiled at Jennifer before finally opening the door. Both Kate and Jennifer stepped into the warm corridor, then got the lift down to the lobby. "Hey, your bag. Jimmy Choo Spring/Summer 2011 collection right?" Kate nodded. "You always have the latest things. I mean I am wearing Winter/Springs Chanel blazer. That's so last season Kate." Kate chuckled lightly. "Jen, stop worrying. Nobody is as hyped up about fashion as me and you. Don't you think?" 

"Right. True. But I have got serious competition Kate."

"Who?"

"You my darling, of course." Kate smiled, and raised her eyebrows wearily. She gestured for Jennifer to get into her car, a very chic, very french, Fiat 500. The cutest, chicest, neatest cars for a fashion-a-holic. 

Kate's phone started beeping. It was a text message from Chris. She pressed the read message button on her blackberry. The message read:

"Hey Kate. Remember you were supposed to meet me tonight, or should I say today, for lunch ANDdinner. Yeah, well you didn't turn up. I suppose you were with your friend Jennifer, like you always are. If you love her so much, go marry her! Call me when you can,

Chris."

No hugs, no kisses. Just and abrupt Chris. "Shit." Kate said. 

"What is it. Something wrong." Asked Jennifer whilst applying her bright red Lancome lipstick. 

"Nah. Nothing, just...I almost dropped my phone."

With that, Kate and Jennifer set off into the evening. Bright lights shone in New York City, but Kate wanted to make things right with Chris. 

____________________________________________________________________________

Whoo! Second chapter complete. What will happen between Kate and Chris, and does Kate make the job?? 

Find out more...

Sunlight123 ♥♥♥