(21) Yes I Do Like You.

**This chapter will be about Vivek's Pov only. You can skip if you're not interested in reading :)).
But don't skip voting ;)) **

                       ------------

Vivek:

I rushed to the hospital as soon as I reached there. Still praying that she's okay.

Diya's mother and another female which I guessed her to be Diya's friend were sitting on the bench outside the ICU as I entered the hospital. I ran to Mrs. Sinha - Diya's mother and sat on my knees accross her.

"How's she?" I looked at the red bulb above the ICU's door which was off. That meant surgery had ended.

"How did the surgery go? What did the doctor say?" I showered my questions breathlessly.

"Calm down. Sit on the bench and relax. You look...terrible." was all she replied. But for my surprise she didn't look sad instead she was smiling and relaxed. That signalled that her daughter was not in any danger. Still both her and Diya's Friend look tired and sleepy due to all the tension and lack of sleep for hours.

I sat on the bench as she suggested and opened my mouth to ask those questions again but she started speaking before I could say anything.

"Surgery went well and doctor said that she's out of danger and stable now" I released a long sigh of relief as I sat on the ground completely and covered my face with full palms. I was enchanted to hear that from her. God listened to my prayers and I was more than happy.

"Can I go meet her?"

"She is stable but still unconscious. Doctors said they'd keep her under observation for 24 hours and then shift her from ICU. After that we can meet her"

"Ok" I relaxed as I drank water. I was really exhausted due to the tension but I was too relieved to hear that she was fine now. I was smiling slightly.

"No, i'll stay here. You both should go rest" I insisted to diya's mother and her friend as it was late at night and I wanted them to take some rest.

"No beta you should go rest. You traveled all the way here from Mumbai . you look so tired."

"Oh I'm alright. Please don't worry and let me stay here"

After some more requests I was allowed for the night stay. I informed Sehgal uncle about Diya and suggested him not to come as she was fine now. He still insisted but I requested him to stay there and take care of Aarohi. It had been a long since I reached out to her.

After finishing up some office work through phone calls and on laptop I slept on the uncomfortable bench since I really was tired.

Next morning when I entered in Diya's room and looked at Diya. Tears dwelled up in my eyes. She was lying on the hospital bed under a white sheet. She looked pale.

I was still standing at the door when she said "hey crybaby what are you doing there? Aren't you here to see me?" Her voice sounded weak.

I wiped off my tears with my rolled up sleeves and walked to her bed.

"Why are you here? In this condition?"  I complained in an emotional tone.

She smiled lightly and shook her head. "Well..its not that bad. At least you visited me"

I was quite embarrassed at her comment. That was truth. I never came to meet her when she was healthy. Even after a lots of invitation by her side, i never took out the time to come visit her. I felt guilty.

"I..I'm sorry" I stuttered.

"Its ok. Just Thank God I didn't die and you were offered the heavenly chance to see me alive"

"Stop joking! Do you even know how scared I was? I thought my heart would come out of my chest. I prayed the whole way while coming here for your recovery and here you are cracking stupid jokes" I snapped at her.

"Why Mr. Vivek? When did I become this lucky to be cared about by you? Your Majesty!" She laughed a little and continued "did you really think I was going to die and you should see me for the last time and confess your feelings to me hmm? She said in a mocking tone raising an eyebrow.

Silence fell in the room for a while. We were both looking at each other.

"Yes" she stopped smiling and gazed at me confused. "W..what? she said in a low tone.

"Yes I do like you. " I confessed and saw her cheeks going red. I laughed slightly at that priceless expression of hers.

"You do?" She asked again confirming if what she heard was true.

I bent forward and kissed on her forehead "I do".

She  looked at me for a few seconds as if her breath was caught inside her lungs. "Breathe" she looked away shyly on my comment. "Are you blushing? Your cheeks are red!" I chuckled on receiving a light slap on my arms from her.

"But..you..aarohi..?"

"I also don't know" I replied honestly.

"I think its long gone. Now I'm just attached to her as an old best buddy. I still care for her. I'll run to her if she face any problem..but just as a friend. And about...you..I think I've..started liking you for a while now." I blushed away slightly ruffling my hairs.

"Well..I...I dont know what to say" she laughed awkwardly while saying.

Diya took a long breath and said " you must know how happy I'm right now. I've liked you since years but it was one sided. I always felt bad knowing I can never take Aarohi's place in your heart. You will never like me like her. I know I started liking you knowing that you love someone else but it..it still hurt. I wanted you to love me. I wanted you to look at me the way you looked at her. I wanted you to be mine and...." I hugged her silencing her. I knew I've hurt her too much.

"I'm sorry. I hurt you so much. But not now. You'll never cry from now. I only love you and only you."

We broke our hug on hearing some coughing sounds coming from the room gate. We turned and it was Diya's family.

We were embarrassed for the position we were in. But they laughed and the atmosphere went comfortable.

                        --------